that you work in a highly dynamic and complex environment characterized by continuous change where you contribute to Rabobank’s goals and develop yourself professionally and personally.
Finance & Risk Data (FRD) is an integral part of the CFO domain and is a key player that connects various stakeholders within Finance, Risk and IT in both the Netherlands and abroad.
The mission of FRD is to enable Rabobank to fulfil its goals by providing trusted finance & risk data. We are therefore closely involved in the daily operations to ensure that the bank’s processes operate as intended and are both leading and participating in various major change programmes. These change programmes are all focussed on improving the bank’s IT landscape and related processes and are driven from business, efficiency and regulatory perspective.
Making a difference
FRD is continuously recruiting for Data Stewards on medior and senior level.
Data Stewards within F&R Data acts as the conduit between stakeholders within Finance & Risk, IT and business and support domains. Data Stewards do also accept accountability for data definition and data management processes, and determine Data quality levels for specific data subject areas.
Data stewardship involves managing the enterprise’s data assets in order to improve their reusability, accessibility, and quality. The role involves taking responsibility for data elements for their end-to-end usage across the enterprise. Data Steward does not involve just a single role but includes a network of people with accountabilities for ensuring that all aspects of an effective Data environment are being accomplished. It is an ongoing activity that requires competencies of all individuals within the Rabobank organization.
All Data Stewards within FRD will focus together on the following area; issue management & monitoring, projects, lineage, systems/chains/domains, data definition & exchange, data models, critical data elements & data quality requirements, policies, process & controls, governance, linking pin to Data/Business Owner.
Making an impact
As a data steward within FRD you will be responsible various of the below deliverables depending on your focus area within FRD:
- Ensure Data Delivery Agreements (DDA’s) are agreed and managed with our data providers
- Monitor and report the results of data quality validations and identify underlying data issues
- Coordinate that data issues are resolved by owners within the required timelines.
- Create and maintain consistent reference data and master data definitions.
- Create and maintain all Business glossaries
- Maintain logical data models in DWH's
Systems / Projects
- Identify & monitor golden sources across DWH’s are implemented by IT
- Safeguard and maintain our systems to support the bank’s processes and our daily run
- Participate in cross-functional teams within Data & outside department
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. FRD is a department of approximately 120 talented people from various parts of the world that manage and develop the financial data platform of Rabobank. You will tackle various data related challenges. On top of that you will work on global and cross functional change projects to improve our processes and systems.
Xandra, Data Steward: "Imagine being one of the leads in improving and defining solutions for complex reporting or data requirements and guiding users on how to use this data to fulfil their needs?”
Collaborating, agility, judgement and decision making, creativity, storytelling and networking are important skills that you should possess irrespective of seniority level and role.
In addition, it's important that you recognise the things in the checklist below:
- Relevant experience within the financial industries sector, gained preferably in risk management, finance and / or IT;
- You have a MSc or PhD in quantitative finance, econometrics, mathematics, physics or a related field and are thus analytically strong;
- Sound banking knowledge and knowledge of banking products and processes;
- Sound knowledge of finance and risk management;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Capable to translate business requirements to impact on processes and systems
- Knowledge of databases, data warehouses and SQL
- Knowledge of data management concepts such as lineage, data quality monitoring and issue management
- Familiar with Agile/Lean/Scrum way of working
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
- By signing a memorandum of understanding with livestock feed producer Royal De Heus Rabobank underlines its support for the company’s work in India, empowering local farmers with knowledge.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate.
In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary in conformity with € 3.211,44 and € 6.322,- (depending on role and seniority level).
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget; You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- flexible working times and location independent working
- 100 % Reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join FRD and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- We are looking for several candidates for various roles for Rabobank, so we do not apply a closing date. Respond via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, Senior Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl.
- A Pre-employment screening is mandatory at the Rabobank.
We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!