that you are working in a team with the brightest minds on our toughest issues concerning Customer Due Diligence. You are working in a state-of-the-art Data Lab where you have a dedicated data cluster with all the open source tools at your disposal. You create knowledge and information out of billions of structured and unstructured records of transactions, clicks, documents or web data. If you are interested in solving complex puzzles and like to add value to our clients by making data and analytics work, read on!
Making a difference
As a Data Scientist you develop the intelligence and analyses that gives Rabobank the leading edge on banking in the Netherlands :
- You will be a specialist in advanced data analytics and fulfil a broad role in developing Rabobank’s analytical transformation;
- You will operate within a complex web of data sources and advise and execute analysis that leads to new insights;
- You will be presenting your insights and products to various stakeholders within the bank, from executive management to your colleagues;
- Your analytical solutions are part of our program to enforce the knowledge of our customers (KYC);
- You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, meetups, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of;
- You will be working in small multi-disciplinary teams with roles such as business consultants and data engineers.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Data Science & Business Consulting team works together to support the whole organisation with analytical solutions. With you as a Data Scientist, the team consists of 45 colleagues in a variety of roles, including: Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers and Consultants.
Joop, Data Scientist : “Within our department you work in small teams at a wide variety of projects. Yet it feels like one team in which challenges and learnings are discussed with each other, and everyone knows each other. Within the day-to-day projects you regularly come into contact with all kinds of departments within the bank and as a result you can have a lot of impact with your knowledge as a Data Scientist.”
Rick, Data Scientist : “Huge amounts of data, a cutting edge platform, smart colleagues and a nice team atmosphere make Rabobank a great place to work for as a Data Scientist.”
With your talent
Abstract thinking, creativity, strong analytical and quantitative skills are essential for the role of Data Scientist within our team. Hence it is important that you meet the following characteristics:
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Econometrics, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Mathematics or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience in data analytics and in statistical (regression, clustering and classification), descriptive and diagnosis methods; knowledge of forecasting methods;
- An inquisitive mind-set eager to solve complex problems;
- Demonstrable programming experience in Python or another programming language such as Java/C/C++/R;
- Experience with Hadoop (with or without YARN), the MapReduce framework and with at least one of Hadoop’s related database systems: Hive, PySpark;
- Experience with DataIku is considered an advantage;
- Experience with Jupyter-Notebooks;
- Strong analytical and social skills and the capability to translate data intelligence to valuable insights for the rest of the organisation is considered an advantage;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Already residing in the Netherlands;
- Advanced proficiency in Dutch is considered an advantage.
Growing a better world together
You might already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a Better World Together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to invest in your skills as a Data Scientist? We would love to help you achieve this goal by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. Our professionals will be there to share their valuable knowledge with you. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to help you grow and excel as a professional. Based on a 36-hour working week, you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary between scale 8 and 10 (depending on your experience and seniority);
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (9 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- Flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- Personal contributions to a pension scheme of only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Data Scientist and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy.
Good to know:
- Respond via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, Senior Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!