Data Quality & Governance Analyst
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
As Data Quality & Governance Analyst you are responsible for implementing our standard on data management within Rabobank North America with specific attention for the rural domain. You will be primary responsible to monitor identified data quality issues and liaise with various stakeholders to prioritize and initiate solutions to improve data quality. Ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of rural lending, ag-financing and general banking.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Data Quality program consists of various activities from: (1) ensuring that data has common definition, (2) data processes are documented, automated and controlled, (3) data quality is monitored, (4) identified data quality issues are monitored and resolved, and (5) an effective data governance is in place to support the business digital strategy and to be a rock solid-bank.
Automated Data Quality Analytics and Dashboard
- Advisor to the Data Stewards and Data Consumers to implement automated data quality integrity capabilities using Informatica IDQ to validate, test and perform analysis on critical data elements for risk, finance and business data.
- Analyze gaps and deficiencies within business areas by studying current reporting and analytical practices.
- Design and development of DQ dashboards with drill down and drill around capability. Consolidate measurements and assess areas requiring attention.
- Through data visualization, provide stakeholders with foundational knowledge of underlying data quality, enabling data which is fit for purpose.
Data Quality Issue Management & Stewardship
- Partner with data consumers and data stewards for logging, prioritizing and performing root cause analysis for data quality issues.
- Monitor, track and report on status of data quality issues recorded in Collibra Data Governance Center (automated stewardship workflows).
- Support data clean-up and reconciliation activities through root cause data analysis using SQL.
- Strengthen the awareness level of data steward role within the 1st and 2nd lines of defense.
Stakeholder Management and Strategic Projects
- Secretary of the monthly Rural Executive Data Steward Forum (i.e., rural department heads).
- Engage with stakeholders across multiple functions and areas such as Risk, Finance and head office.
- Contribute towards the development and execution of education trainings on Data Stewardship, CDE Monitoring and Issue Management Resolution processes across various business teams.
- Serve as DQ partner in large business and IT programs to provide advice and support on data aspects, especially in initiatives impacting rural domain such as Regional Data Lake and CECL.
- Partner with Business Controllers, Central Reporting & Analytics, and process automation initiatives to identify opportunities to deliver benefits to client facing business functions.
- Identify, understand and translate key emerging trends in data management practice across financial services and other sectors.
- Bachelor's Degree in ag-related studies, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial services organization. Prior experience in one of the following areas is preferred: Data Governance, Data Warehousing, Credit Risk and Reporting.
- Proficient to advanced SQL skills is preferred: querying, tuning, designing.
- Hands-on knowledge of data governance tools such as Informatica IDQ and Collibra.
- Hands-on experience with semi-technical tools, i.e. Access, Advanced Excel, PowerBI, Business Objects/Lumira.
- Articulate, good verbal and written communication skills, experience preparing and leading presentations.
- Detail-oriented with superior time management abilities.
- Experience working in agile environments and as part of project team.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement