Data Operations Engineer
that you are working with really important and enormous data sets. Billions of structured and unstructured records of transactions, clicks, documents or web data. Imagine yourself on a state-of-the-art data environment where you have a dedicated data cluster with all the open source tools at your disposal. If you are interested in managing and orchestrating the complex data streams for our data analytics and data science projects on this environment, read on!
Making a difference
As a Data Operations Engineer you will be organizing the data operations for the intelligence and analytics projects that give Rabobank the leading edge on banking in the Netherlands:
- You will operate within a complex web of data sources and advise on and execute data flows that lead to new insights;
- You will be a specialist in data ingestion, building robust automated data ingestion jobs that run flawlessly to fetch data from the data lake and other sources inside and outside the bank;
- You will be working on different platforms and with different tools, orchestrating data pipelines and connecting systems and data environments on-premise and in the cloud;
- Your keen sense for security will make sure that the data we are working with is protected, both in transfer and in use, and that datasets are anonymized or pseudonymized to safeguard important data;
- You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, meetups, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of;
- You will be working in direct contact with our multi-disciplinary project teams with roles such as data scientists, business consultants and data engineers.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Datamanagement team works together to support the whole organisation with analytical solutions. With you as a Data Operations Engineer, the team consists of 15 colleagues working in collaboration with Customer Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers and Consultants.
With your talent
Creativity, strong analytical skills and a conscious mind-set are essential for the role of Data Operations Engineer within our team. Hence it is important that you meet the following characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or quantitative field (mathematics, physics or similar);
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL server and preferably other data processing and storage technologies for structured and unstructured data;
- Experience with at least several of the following tools: Azure Data Factory, DataBricks, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), AirFlow, DistCp (Apache Hadoop Distributed Copy), Talend, Sqoop, Dataiku;
- A thorough mastery of SQL;
- Experience with data integration, database connections, API interfaces and data transformation processes;
- Hands-on expertise in Python programming and Spark/Scala (preferred, not required);
- The ability to present solutions and provide clear documentation of all steps, so that data pipelines are not only useable, but sustainable;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Advanced proficiency in Dutch is considered an advantage.
Growing a better world together
You might already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a Better World Together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to invest in your skills as a Data Operations Engineer? We would love to help you achieve this goal by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. Our professionals will be there to share their valuable knowledge with you. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to help you grow and excel as a professional. Based on a 36-hour working week, you can also expect:
- A gross yearly salary between EUR 44.124 and EUR 75.120 depending on your experience and Seniority.
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
- Flexible working times and location-independent working
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Data Operations Engineer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment
We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at email@example.com
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated