Imagine that you are working on genuinely vital and massive datasets. Imagine a job that will challenge your knack for solving puzzles and your ability to come up with new solutions every day. If you’re an SQL master and an experienced data wrangler, and you’re looking for opportunities to perfect your SQL skills and grow in your data knowledge – then read on.
Making a difference
- You will be writing SQL and Python code in order to deliver the data that modellers and others need
- You have the freedom to choose the path that leads to the solution.
- As a Data Engineer you’ll need to ensure that the request matches the needs and assess whether the data sets are fit for purpose
- You’ll develop the principles for creating data sets that meet the latest internal and regulatory requirements for data quality
- If you have enough experience, you will also play the role of senior advisor and technical leader
- As a Senior you’ll need to have the skills and personality to get the most out of your team and guide them towards the goals you have agreed to achieve
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The Risk Analytics team safeguards Rabobank’s stability and sustainability. The decisions made in the department affect every level of the organization from overall strategy to individual products. As we develop risk models that shape these decisions, we rely on a diverse team of specialists: from data collection to modelling to validation and support. Every member of the team plays an important role in the process. But it is only through collaboration that the job gets done. With you as a Data Engineer, the team will consist of diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Tao, Data Engineer: 'As a data engineers we make sure that we really understand the needs of our stakeholders before we dig into different databases and set up a structure to create a solution. It is really a team effort to figure out how to solve a challenge and at the same time grow and share knowledge and experience within the team and beyond.'
The work you do will impact your team and your internal and external stakeholders, but also the client servicing process and therefore the bank’s core business. The work we do here is key to make sure the financial models at Rabobank are robust enough to ensure we’re in control of financial risk. You will be working on crucial datasets that are at the core of what makes the bank financially stable and allows the regulators to see we’re in control.
In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- A Master degree in Economics, Finance, or quantitative field (mathematics, physics or similar)
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- A thorough mastery of SQL
- Hands-on expertise in Python programming (preferred, not required)
- A deep understanding of banking, or the ability to learn this quickly
- The ability to present solutions and provide clear documentation of all steps, so that data sets are not only useable, but sustainable
- For senior roles: Proficiency in leading small teams to achieve agreed objectives together
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross annual salary between €37778 and €89506 depending on your experience and Seniority;
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- compensation for your commute if you travel by public transport or car;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join our team as a Data Engineer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, Senior Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl.
- The application process for this vacancy might include an individual assessment.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!