Data Engineer Data Lake
working on a Data Lake with streaming applications, batch applications and API’s on Big Data technology stacks to create relevant solutions to our customers. Imagine that you are helping our customers with better financial insights based on data. If you are interested in working in a highly innovative, young and international team, read on!
Making a difference
As a senior data engineer you develop the intelligence and tools that give our customers the information they need to structure their financials. You share knowledge to help other teams improve and benefit from your learnings.
The Rabobank has a large IT organization for support and services we provide to our clients. We have high ambitions for digitalization and optimization of the provided services. We are in an ever going process of changes along with keeping the current client processes and services running.
The domain Distribution within IT Systems is responsible for the support and development of these client processes and services. The Data and Content Tribe is responsible to deliver the required data and information for these services. There are 17 Data scrum squads working constantly on these data processes.
These scrum squads are responsible for data storage, data processing, data flows and data provisioning. We work in DevOps squads where we work on data modelling, data logistics, data quality, data lake and data warehousing to adjust and maintain the data flows and data services we provide for systems and departments within Rabobank .
For one of our squads (called ‘Idéfix’) working on the data lake we are looking for a data engineer. At the Idéfix squad, we perform DevOps for applications that give financial insights to our customers. We work with streaming applications, batch applications and API’s on Big Data technology stacks. Most of our applications run in the cloud, and we’ll be migrating the rest in the near future. Interested? Come and join us!
With your talents
You are experienced in working in an Agile/Scrum DevOps environment. You are eager to learn and open to new techniques. You are willing and able to teach and share knowledge. You are strong in collaboration and have excellent communication skills. You are focused to deliver high quality and take responsibility. You are flexible, entrepreneurial and able to work in a structured manner. Also, you have knowledge on financial products and business processes. On top of that it’s important that you bring good skills and knowledge and recognize yourself in the checklist below:
Must haves (knock out criteria):
- Java/Scala experience
- DevOps experience (CI/CD, monitoring and troubleshooting of systems)
- Knowledge on Big Data environments and tooling
- Cloud experience
- Spark experience
- Kafka experience
- Testing (Risk based testing, Test automation) experience or at least strong affinity
- HBO / WO level
Nice to haves:
- REST API
- Scripting languages (Python/Bash)
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 7 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the funds we lend and the mortgages we provide are well within acceptable risk levels.
- In a project with Humanitas we help people with financial problems to get their home administration back on tract
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We offer you a challenging environment for talent in data. The environment is dynamic, the squad is international and we are working with new technologies. We encourage personal growth and there is room to learn from others. You get a lot of own responsibility and freedom to explore ideas. We value hard work, but also to have a lot of fun with each other.
In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross yearly salary between salary scale 8 and 9, depending on experience.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or (motor)bike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Senior Data Engineer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Lois Hageman, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via marie-louise.Hageman@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!