Customer Relationship Specialist II
Rabo AgriFinance (RAF) is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $900 billion in assets and operations in over 40 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains & oilseeds, livestock, and specialty crops. RAF offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development, and ambition.
Under minimal supervision, but in line with established policies and procedures, primary responsibilities will be to manage and own the customer loan package from application through funding; manage the coordination and delivery of a complete loan documentation package reflecting the borrower’s needs and credit approval to create a smooth closing process for the customer, and manage the execution of cross sell products while delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. As part of the Customer Team serve as a customer direct contact, advocate, and liaison from loan application to funding, throughout the loan servicing process (renewals, amendments), and to assist in and recommend cross sell opportunities (treasury management, crop insurance and global financial markets).
In order to perform these duties this requires a strong knowledge of general loan documentation and legal entity structures, a strong level of understanding of collateral perfection, priority and ownership along with excellent time management skills. The ideal incumbent is a subject matter expert in many aspects of the commercial lending process. The position requires good communication and problem solving techniques for the accurate and timely completion of assigned duties. They will authorize disbursement of funds in line with the granted authority consistent with signature policy.
At the request of the Closing Manager, monitors and assigns work load to Customer Relationship Specialists in the applicable Territory. The CRS II shall have no delegated signing authority unless otherwise provided in accordance with RAF’s policies. Acts only in the following capacity of a Closing Manager or Team Lead in the absence of the Closing Manager and Team Lead:
- Attends meetings as delegate of Closing Manager or Team Lead; and
- Acts as a point person for any questions or issues that arise within the Closing team
Responsible for coaching junior team members and assisting in the training of new Closing employees and other company staff.
Also responsible for abiding by commercial policies and relevant regulations, in order to optimally support the lending process and enable Relationship Managers and Financial Analysts to focus on their respective core functions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Creates the loan package and manages the process and completion of loan package of excellent and consistent quality. Requests, reviews and enters all non-financial customer information such as driver’s licenses and entity documents; orders and reviews good standings, title commitments/opinions, flood determinations, UCC searches; and orders appraisals.
- Reviews loan approvals for approval conditions and prepares loan documents; reviews the appraisal approval and drafts any other necessary collateral documents to insure required level of perfection.
- Communicates directly with title companies/closing media, borrower, internal and external legal staff.
- Analyzes chattel and real estate collateral lien position during the loan application period, and report potential issues that may impact RAF’s lien priority.
- Identifies commercial opportunities and/or process improvements, discuss how to serve clients optimally and coordinate with the Customer Team in commercial activities with the client.
- Organizes, manages and monitors the process from point of loan application to funding, via work in progress reports and management of estimated disbursement dates. Communicates changes to the estimated disbursement date to the Client, to insure the Client is engaged and understanding why the closing date has moved either forward or backward.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists in the training/coaching of other Customer Relationship Specialists.
- At the request of the Closing Manager, responsible for controlling the work volume and production.
- Participates in internal or external strategic projects at the request of the Closing Manager.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML and Sanctions training.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate the Eight RAF Cultural Practices.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the bank.
- Accept the responsibility for quality control of the functions and processes necessary and coordinate diplomatically all team, RAF and contract personnel in the loan process to meet the customer agreed upon timelines.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest accrual and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to assist Managing Director in meeting the business goals through delivering key drivers assigned to this function.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience in an ag-related study, Business Administration, Finance or Marketing and agricultural lending and/or banking environment or comparable experience. Commercial or consumer loan processing and documentation, and/or legal experience helpful.
- Prior experience in complex problem solving.
- Ability to work as a team member across business lines.
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Must possess good human relations and communication skills and ability to exercise good judgment. Needs to be able to work well under time constraints.
- Have knowledge of diversified production agriculture and livestock enterprises. Experienced in understanding complex loan and organizational structures.
- Experienced in loan documentation including the perfection of liens primarily on crops, livestock, inventory, machinery, real property, and real estate in assigned territory.
- Satisfactory completion of RAF compliance training and other courses assigned.
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement