Credit Model Policy & Regulatory Expert
As a Credit Model Policy & Regulatory Expert you’ll translate new service concepts of our bank and changes in regulation into our model development procedures and guidelines and then the guidelines into modelling choices and applications. As a Credit Model Policy & Regulatory Expert, you can make a difference by:
Making a difference
- Being the stakeholder in credit policies and are involved in quality assurance of the application of methodologies.
- Establishing yourself by giving helpful feedback within projects and setting practical methodologies.
- You draw on own experience and deep knowledge of markets and international legislation.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Credit Strategic Model team brings talented people together to maintain the model policy house and an integral view on credit model performance. With you as a Modelling Policy Designer, the team will consist of diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Viktor, Credit Model Methodology: “We support modelling with guidelines and modelling choices. We consult modellers how to make better models. We are user centred with focus on users’ needs and requirements.”
Customer focus, result driven, influencer and compassionate are clearly essential for the role of Credit Model Policy & Regulatory Expert. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- A Master’s or PhD in an exact science (Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics/Statistics)
- Ability to read and understand official documents / regulation including ability to communicate and convince other parties regarding the understanding and interpretation.
- Have a good understanding of regulatory landscape.
- Affinity with statistical modelling, some reasonable experience of AIRB model development (modelling or validation sides).
- Ability to write clear and logical comprehensive documents and instructions.
- Work on structured and systematic way with clear goals, essential, priorities and ways to approach in mind.
- Strong problem solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
- Good understanding of Risk Management principles
- Capable of conducting professional discussions with internal (and external) stakeholders.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do that in countless ways, such as:
- Supporting risk-savvy models that ensure the right balance between business opportunities and appetite, to drive effective financial services.
- Growing better models together, which enables the right customers to get the right support at the right time to pursue their dreams.
- Ensuring that the models that are made, are made even better by your impact for benefit of the bank, our customers and society.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €3.640,85 and €6260,34;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 or 10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Credit Model Policy & Regulatory Expert and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Rik Wenting, Head Credit Strategic Model Unit on +31 682 129 995 or Rik.Wentig@rabobank.nl.
- Nariem Chotkan, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 6 124 619 15 or Nariem.Chotkan@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated