Correspondent Banking Officer (focused on data)
Imagine working in a rapidly changing, dynamic and international environment with respect to payments? As a Correspondent Banking Officer you can make a difference within the wholesale operations of Rabobank.
You will be part of our Correspondent Banking team and work autonomously and in project teams to coordinate the payment relationship with Financial Institutions (FI) that Rabobank serves. At this moment the payments landscape is being dramatically reshaped, driven by changing customer needs, new technology and regulations, and a move to update market infrastructures across the world. Importantly, banks need to ensure the new generation of payments innovations meet the needs of end users. Do you want to play an important role in making Rabobank capable to face these challenges?
Making a difference
- As a Correspondent Banking Officer you contribute to the strategy of Rabobank by servicing our FI clients with respect to payments
- Work closely together with internal stakeholders e.g. Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Trade Finance, Compliance, Payments and DTO Tribe & Operations
- Develop and execute strategy on the FI SWIFT network of Rabobank
- Participating in projects regarding the implementation of payment applications, FI invoicing and reporting tools
- Manage complex FI payment inquiries by understanding the whole operational value chain
- Manage day-to-day business regarding SWIFT/RMA-exchanges between Rabobank and other FI
- Responsible for FI Invoicing and act as expert towards operational and project teams
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Operations WRR is responsible mainly for the back office functions of Rabobank’s wholesale banking activities. We serve 22 countries and five regions and process the largest transactions for the biggest customers of the bank.
Christian: ‘Supporting Rabobank’s SWIFT network that enables global banking with 11,000 financial institutions in more than 200 countries’
Erik: ‘In our team you can develop yourself product wise into Correspondent Banking services, and even extending to Trade and Markets. Internally your network will expand towards many other departments, but also externally by meeting other banks’
We are looking for a candidate with the following core competences: customer-focused, strong communication skills, pro-active, result oriented and focused on continuous improvement. Next to that, you also have or are able to:
- Knowledge of data analysis and business intelligence tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI
- Ability to develop and maintain dashboards to track performance and business information
- Work with different data sources and be able to consolidate them in a management-style view
- Excellent organisational skills
- Innovative mindset
- Show perseverance and dedication, eagerness to learn on the job
- Have a sound risk appetite
It’s also nice to have, as a plus:
- Knowledge of transaction banking products with focus on SWIFT payments
- Knowledge of compliance & risk activities within international financial markets
- HBO/Master’s degree or equivalent comparable working experience
- Fluent English language capability (both verbally and in writing)
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real
change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively support & advice partner banks in developing countries with working capital solutions
- Develop payment solutions for people who do not have excess to regular banking services like asylum seekers.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 -hour working week), you can expect:
- a gross monthly salary between € 2.792,08 and € 4.655,07 (based on 36 hrs)
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget of 9% of your gross monthly salary. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join our team and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in our Head Office in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Natalia Nobre, via: Natalia.Nobre@rabobank.com
- Charlotte Dullaert, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Charlotte.Dullaert@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff is reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That is why we want to know who you really are!