Corporate Accounting Manager
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Responsible for overseeing and directing day-to-day accounting functions, including month end close, journal entries, account reconciliation, monthly management package, related accounting schedules and analysis, accounts payable, maintaining the fixed assets ledger and other special projects as deemed appropriate. Will have 0-3 direct reports (staff accountants, senior accountants and/or accounts payable specialist).
The position is accountable for preparing and participating in the company’s financial reporting responsibilities, including both internal and external management reporting. This position prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data and participates in the development of specialized financial data. The position assists with financial and variance analysis and budget preparation. Assists other departments with inquiries and requests as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of day to day accounting functions.
- Reviews and analyzes financial information for entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Provides leadership to personnel through effective performance management, objective goal setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings as necessary.
- Review and distribution of monthly management package to key stakeholders
- Analyzes financial information related to assets, liabilities and capital. Timely review of monthly balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow and other reports which summarize current and projected Company position for management and Parent Company (Rabobank).
- Facilitates policy and procedure updates to ensure all documents are accurate and current at all times.
- Primary contact person for external audit data requests and questions.
- Assists Controller in preparing state and federal tax return supporting work papers. Includes reviewing federal and state tax returns for completeness and accuracy prior to filing. Prepares various state compliance filings.
- In conjunction with the Staff Accountant, the Manager of Accounting will maintain the fixed asset system and determines depreciation rates for capital assets. Prepares and files personal property declarations for each office location
- Maintain foreclosed assets held for sale “OREO” database and provide detail reports of transactions and OREO balance summary.
- Responsible for monthly lease accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the account payable specialist who performs data entry for accounts payable, prepares and prints checks, manages month end accruals, employee expense reporting, payable reconciliations and year end 1099 reporting.
- Approval of daily integration entry performed by staff accountant and reconciliation of loan related accounts with our core lending system
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with area personnel, management and investors.
- Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Reviews source documents and records daily transactions. Balances and posts daily write-ups and journals.
- Assists accounting personnel as needed.
- Ensures that accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provides relevant, timely and accurate internal reporting to senior management of the company, as requested and within deadlines.
- Maintain adequate support and documentation for all information included within monthly financial reports.
- Ability and desire to develop necessary knowledge and skills to assume positions of greater responsibility within the organization
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with upper management, managers, staff, and regional personnel.
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; exhibits a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and an ability to overcome obstacles
- Ability to multi-task multiple and changing priorities with proven organizational skills in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Proven experience working both independently and part of a team with a hands-on philosophy. Highly self-motivated individual with the interpersonal and facilitation skills to work across functional team boundaries to meet deadlines. Able to work effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan, implement, and direct a varying range of accounting and associated information systems projects and initiatives.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work extended hours if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year university or college and 5 - 7 years related experience, including some public accounting experience. CPA preferred.
- Must have a stable job history with increasing progression of responsibility.
- Ability to work with Windows based applications.
- General working knowledge of US GAAP.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Banking or financial industry experience a plus but not required
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement