Compliance Risk Officer
you could enhance the compliance behavior of Rabobank. As a Compliance Risk Officer, you can make a difference by continuously improving the Global Compliance Risks & Controls set and contributing to the global execution of the Systematic Integrity Risk Assessment (SIRA) and for the Rabobank Group.
Making a difference
- With the Compliance Risk team, you will be working on the global compliance assessment of all the activities of Rabobank including products, policies and processes, risk and controls, first and second line monitoring, support systems and people.
- Your role includes driving the SIRA process. This entails supporting the global project management in all phases of the SIRA process: preparation, execution, analysis and reporting.
- As the Senior Risk Officer, you are a (compliance) risk management expert. You know what it takes to further develop clear and unambiguous risks and controls and how to improve business ownership of the Risk and Control Framework.
- As the Senior Risk Officer, you have experience in working in a global environment and know how to manage a large variety of stakeholders.
- You are eager, creative, cheerful and willing to support the team to deliver.
- As the Senior Risk Manager, you are a strong sparring partner for colleagues and management (both within Compliance and the business), with thorough knowledge of both the business and relevant laws and regulations.
- You have knowledge and experience with the key compliance themes including Customer Due Diligence, Anti Money Laundering, Sanctions, Treating Customers Fairly, Data Privacy, Market Abuse, Anti-Corruption and Conflicts of Interest, or are willing to learn fast.
- On a day-to-day basis, you will have a variety of tasks, including supporting project management and the Risk team (medior-role), developing tools and templates, review and improve the global Risk and Control set (senior-role), participating in working groups, data analysis and reporting on conclusions. You, as part of the Risk team, are the first point of contact of the global compliance network and serve this network accordingly.
- Keeping up to date with relevant tech developments and sharing them with those involved, because you are key in the transformation to a more data driven SIRA process.
- With your creativity and skills you make the difference with on-topic presentations and reports. MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint. We expect you to be a pro with MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and general data analysis tools.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Compliance Risk and Monitoring team brings talented people together to assess and monitor the compliance Risk & Controls of the Rabobank. The Risk team drives the SIRA process for all entities, regions and business lines and will contribute to a transparent compliance risk profile (dashboard) that gives the opportunity to identify, determine and mitigate compliance risks and look forward.
The team will also develop data driven methods using Big ML, NLP and other “RegTech” innovations in cooperation with other departments (Risk, Audit and the Digital Transformation office). You will actively participate in these developments.
With you as a Risk Officer, the Risk team will consist of 5 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
“SIRA is an integral part of Compliance. It offers you the opportunity to see all aspects of Compliance and how they function within all parts of Rabobank”.
“Innovation is in everything we do. The data innovation case around SIRA kick starts Compliance in becoming more data driven.”
Customer focus, collaboration, proactive/Initiative, integrity and a hands-on mentality are clearly essential for the role of Compliance Risk Officer. In addition, it's important that you recognize everything in the checklist below:
- >6 years knowledge of (compliance) risk management in the financial industry;
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or Quantitative specialization;
- A completed certified Compliance Professional/Officer education or willing to start this education.
- At least knowledge about new technological developments relevant for Rabobank.
- You are an expert in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and deliver crystal-clear presentations and reports.
- You are agile and take initiatives, enjoy meeting new challenges and know how to approach multiple hard deadlines.
- You keep being cheerful even when the workload peaks.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in many ways, such as:
We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.
As part of a project with Humanitas, we are helping people who are experiencing financial difficulties to get their household finances in order.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €4.383,- and €6.260,-;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Compliance Risk Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Robbert Veldhuizen team lead Compliance Risk & Monitoring on +31 6 30203425.
- Elisa van Helden, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Elisa.van.Helden@rabobank.nl. The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!