you could act as a sparring partner for all global Rabobank locations and can support the improvement of sanction operations and surveillance systems.
Imagine … that as a result of your activities hundreds of Rabobank colleagues worldwide become aware of relevant sanctions, money laundering and terrorist financing risks and ways to deal with these risks both in their operations and systems. As a Compliance Expert, you can make this difference!
Making a difference
Objective of this position and team is making sure that Rabobank protects itself - worldwide- optimally against sanction risk exposure and consequently (facilitation of) money laundering and terrorism financing.
- You act as a sparring partner for Sanctions Analysts and Compliance Officers in the network.
- You are specialised in Sanction Filtering systems and configurations.
- Understand payment processes, the routing of transactions and the way these messages need to be filtered.
With Each Other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our department) brings talented people together to focus on ensuring Rabobank fulfils its role as gatekeeper to the financial system and is not knowingly or unknowingly used for money laundering or terrorist financing. The team consists of colleagues with a variety of backgrounds, expertise and knowledge.
With you Knowledge – or building knowledge
Customer focus, Problem solving capabilities and Initiative are essential for the role of Compliance Expert. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the requirements below:
- hbo (higher professional education)/university degree ;
- strong track record in the financial industry;
- deep understanding of Sanctions (system implementations) as part of Financial Economic Crime area;
- 3 - 10 year experience in Sanction Filtering systems (including the use of Sanction lists, configuration of business rules;
- experience in Banking, preferably knowledge of payment flows and messages formats Experienced in working within an international context;
- team player;
- excellent delivery power;
- you are able to converse and write in English and Dutch excellently.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do this in many ways, such as sharing our knowledge on sustainable financial solutions. For example, thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by continuously focusing on your growth, development and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We create an environment to innovate and initiate. This way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow, exceed your expectations and to do the right thing exceptionally well. In addition, you can also expect (on the basis of a 36 hour working week)
- a gross monthly salary between €3.678,- and €7.533,- depending on previous experience and competencies;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget, either on purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or receiving a (monthly) cash pay-out;
- a personal development budget that you can spend on activities relevant to broaden your personal development and career, independent of your position;
- flexible working hours and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you decide to travel by public transportation! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? You can also choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Compliance Expert and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Zeist (Utrecht as of 2020).
Good to know
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy;
- If you have any questions about specific details of this position, please contact Mark van Strijp, Manager Discovery and Intervention, via +31 6 51388589;
- Elisa van Helden, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Elisa.van.Helden@rabobank.nl;
- The application process includes a screening. Based on the outcome of the screening procedure, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!