Compliance Advisory Officer Rural Banking-2
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
This role supports the Head of Compliance Advisory Rural providing assistance and expertise within the Compliance Advisory team. This includes assistance with respect to “SR08-8+” program matters, specifically covering the Rural business lines that comprise Rabo AgriFinance across the United States. The role is located in Chesterfield and reports to the Head of Compliance Advisory, Rural & Privacy Officer, Wholesale & Rural. Relevant compliance program areas include key laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Rural business, with particular focus on privacy, fair lending, flood regulations, and others. This role will assist and interface with the business to provide expert advice on compliance program matters and regulatory issues and program areas. The officer will serve as support to both the Head of Compliance Advisory, Rural and the Senior Compliance Advisory Officer, Rural. The officer will also assist with Chief Privacy Officer duties for Wholesale and Rural North America. In addition, the officer will work with the Policy office for the expert input into, and the writing of, the North American Rural policies, as well as working with a colleague in New York Compliance Advisory in respect of the alignment of Rural and Wholesale policies. Further, this role will provide periodic regulatory monitoring for Markets business lines (including the registered swap dealer and broker dealer) and reviewing public releases, speeches, and enforcement actions from the relevant regulatory agencies, exchanges, and self-regulatory organizations and determining applicability to the Rabobank organization and referring for further impact analysis to the appropriate subject matter expert.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists the Head of Compliance Advisory, Rural and the Senior Compliance Advisory Officer, Rural in the provision of compliance/regulatory advisory services to the Rural business
- Assists the Chief Privacy Officer for Wholesale and Rural North America
- Assists in the implementation of compliance programs, including program materials, for SR08-8+ areas
- Supports the administration of the SR08-8+ program areas within the Advisory Compliance program
- Assists senior compliance officers in New York on SR08-8+ program matters, program development, issue resolution, etc.
- Assists in in providing input on program deliverables.
- Reviews and provides input to relevant compliance MIS and reporting
- Provides assistance as a subject matter expert in drafting policy content, procedures, program materials, guidance, etc. with respect to applicable program areas and regulatory obligations impacting the Rural business
- Assists with ongoing alignment of in-scope compliance programs with global policies and standards
- Participates in relevant working groups and committees to provide compliance and regulatory expertise, as requested
- Assists in addressing relevant Internal Audit findings in a timely and complete manner
- Assists in addressing relevant regulatory findings in a timely and complete manner
- Proactively identifies ways to enhance existing compliance programs and practices and assists in the implementing them within existing programs and processes
- Builds relationships with the first line business teams within Rural/AgriFinance and supports the ongoing development of the compliance program and compliance control environment.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Cultural Practices.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (BA/BS)
- 7-10 years of professional experience including in compliance for regulated financial institutions
- Ability to interact with C-suite staff and other senior leadership
- Requires the ability to quickly assess information, create an audit log for review, and escalate as needed.
- Experience with regulatory analysis desirable.
- Prior experience in a similar role within a bank or other regulated financial services compliance organization preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with all levels of management as well as bank regulators and other stakeholders across different lines of business, geographies, and backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively execute policies, programs and initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement