Communications Strategist - RV 25
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers across North America. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is part Rabobank, a global financial services leader offering wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide and one of the world’s largest banks, with over $650 billion in assets. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, protein and specialty crops
The Rural Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for planning and executing communications related to a multiyear initiative to create a more streamlined experience for U.S. clients working with Rabo AgriFinance.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Accountable for creating communications strategy for the RuralVision 2025 initiative to engage internal audiences across the business and support imitative goals.
- Work closely with RuralVision 2025 teams to comprehensively understand the initiative, determine communications needs and execute on those requirements.
- Responsible for planning, managing, and writing engaging content to deliver on the goals and tactics outlined in the RuralVision 2025 communications strategy.
- Work closely with communications and marketing colleagues to ensure RuralVision 2025 content is shared in a timely manner in appropriate and relevant internal communications channels at the rural, regional and global levels.
- Works closely with communications and marketing colleagues to ensure RuralVision 2025 content is accurately represented in external materials.
- Responsible for working closely with multimedia coordinator to plan, script and execute video content related to the RV25 initiative.
- Working closely with Internal Communications Manager and VP, Communications, write journalistic content for internal communications for rural and regional audiences.
- Complete all mandatory training
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate applicable Rabobank Culture initiatives and commitments.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven business communications expertise.
- Ability to conceptualize a story from start to finish, including determining the most effective way to present the information, whether in video or written form
- Partners effectively with internal team members (colleagues and co-workers within Rabo AgriFinance, Rabobank North America and the Rabobank group) and external team members (contractors, consultants, agencies, media, etc.) to achieve common goals
- Finance, project management or change management experience
- Agriculture industry experience
- Basic graphic design skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications, journalism or related field.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.