As Communication Officer, you can make a difference by telling the story of the R4 Programme to many different stakeholders, both internally and externally. The R4 programme takes the global Rabobank organisation through one of the biggest transitions ongoing in the financial industry: the replacement of several key interest rate benchmark indices.
As Communication Officer you will need to become an expert in the field of benchmark transition and apply that expertise to help execute the programme communications strategy, plan and activities
You will prepare company internal communication materials, including newsletters, website content, publications, Q&A’s
You will support training for internal staff
You will support the delivery of external communication materials
You will provide quality control on all communication materials generated by the programme communications workstream
You will provide timely, expert advice to key internal stakeholders regarding communication
You will monitor industry developments around benchmark rate reforms and translate these into tailored communications
You will need to work collaboratively with colleagues from Corporate Communications& Affairs, Legal, Compliance and others responsible for in- and external communication
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our R4 programme team is part of the Treasury department but has a Group-wide mandate. It brings talented people together to accompany the organisation through the transition from current benchmark rates (like LIBOR and EONIA) to alternative or reformed benchmarks. With you as Communication Officer, the team will consist of diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including a programme director, PMO, and several other project managers. The team is highly motivated and driven to achieve the programme objectives with full commitment and integrity.
Raymond Monnik, Project Manager, “It is not often that you get the chance to be part of a programme of such magnitude and impact across the organisation. It is a rare opportunity and I really feel I contribute to the bank’s future. On top of that it is a true pleasure to work in this environment where we combine strong professional expertise with great team ethics”.
Of course you are an excellent communicator in both Dutch and English (verbal and written). You think from a stakeholder perspective and are able to learn quickly. Next to this, it is important that you recognize the checklist below.
At least a Bachelor degree
Capability to understand the benchmark reference rate reform and monitoring market developments and translate these into communications
Demonstrated experience developing and delivering content using a variety of different communication channels
Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in the English language
Knowledge of financial markets products is beneficial
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40-hour working week), you can also expect:
a gross monthly salary between €3.640,85 to €5.200,05 depending on your experience and seniority
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Communications Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Marnix Verhoef, Programme Director on Marnix.Verhoef@Rabobank.com
- Mohamed Chaaibi, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Mohamed.Chaaibi@rabobank.nl or on +31 623 36 14 65
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link
Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!