Cloud (Software) Engineer AWS
That smile on the face of our customer who has just received the key to his new home. You can make a difference as an IT Cloud Engineer and contribute to this. Certainly because, as an IT Cloud Engineer, you will be working on the development and management of the Cloud Services that makes this possible.
Rabobank is in the process of transforming into a modern software development organisation, using the scale and innovation benefits offered by public cloud services. This transition requires knowledge, an open attitude and cultural change within the organisation.
As a cloud engineer within the Cloud Competence Center, you can help to bring about this change by:
- Development, management and maintenance of the AWS Platform for Rabobank
- Work in Scrum teams and work together for the best result
- Guide DevOps teams on their journey to the cloud
- Securing customer and bank data through automated security compliance
- Standby-shift that will rotate within the team
With each other
Working together is the way we work. Our team at the Cloud Competence Center joins forces to make all software and automation processes faster, more agile and more secure.
This team is in the lead of our global Cloud Transformation. One of the goals of this team is to double the speed of development. They do this by staying focused and always being ahead of the facts.
With you as a Cloud Engineer, the counter of the team stands at over 35 eager colleagues including:
Menno, Cloud Engineer: ‘It is incredibly inspiring to be involved in such a fundamental change in the Rabobank IT landscape. We have a huge responsibility to make Public Cloud work within Rabobank and a challenge to lay the foundation for the Rabobank IT of the future'.
With your talents
It is logical that customer orientation, enthusiasm and an unstoppable hunger for new knowledge are indispensable for this function. In addition, it is important that you recognise everything on the checklist below:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant direction (B ICT)
- Substantive knowledge when it comes to Cloud technologies & Cloud design patterns
- Minimum of 2 AWS certifications (Solutions Architect and/or DevOps Engineer and/or Specialty AWS Certifications)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with AWS development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Agile Way of Working (Scrum & Kanban)
- Experience with Python programming language is a big advantage
- DevOps practices, Git
- Cloud monitoring solutions (AWS CloudTrail, AWS Cloudwatch, ELK stack)
- CI/CD: Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Azure DevOps (previously known as VSTS), AWS CodePipeline
- AWS Deployment Framework, CloudFormation, IAM, AWS Serverless services
- Good communication skills
- Good English proficiency
If you also recognize the following points, this is an advantage:
- Big Data Solutions
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
- AD (Azure)
Growing a better world together
You probably already knew that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. Are you also aware that we are working together to create a better world? We do this in 101 ways:
- Every year, we invest heavily in the life of Dutch associations. We support some 1.250 organisations in sports and culture that are a second home for many people.
- In a project with Humanitas we help people who have financial problems to get their home administration in order.
- Together with the Dutch Council for Refugees, we help 1.500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Become the best version of yourself? We are happy to help you by focusing on your development and by investing in an environment in which you will learn continuously. We give you the space to innovate and do business. We offer you plenty of opportunities for growth and will help you to exceed your expectations and to do the right thing extraordinarily well, so that you can grow as a professional. On top of that, you can also count on us (based on a 36 hours):
- a gross monthly salary of between € 3179 and € 5252 (function group 8 or 9 depending on work experience);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 to 10% of your monthly income). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a fee for standby services
- flexibility in working hours and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting if you travel with public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance;
- a pension scheme to which you contribute only 5%.
Are you him/her? Our new colleague who wants to strengthen Rabobank as a Cloud Engineer and thus make a difference for yourself, our customers and society? We would like to receive your application for this vacancy in Zeist.
Good to know
- Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the content of the vacancy, you can ask Piet Hoekstra, Manager Cloud Competence Center Azure, via firstname.lastname@example.org or Niels Zegveld, Project manager, via email@example.com
- Richard Gerestein (Recruiter) would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org