Business Analyst – Tuning & Back-testing – FEC Tech Transaction Monitoring Detection – W&R
You and your job
Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Terrorist Financing are key for our society and for our organisation. We want to protect our customers as well as the bank from the negative effects of financial crime. In order to do that we need people who are willing to look into data, patterns and behaviour of the people who are making transactions to find those indicators that may hide illegal activities. As a KYC AML/CTF Business Analyst you will be responsible for the analyses of transactions and optimization of the Transaction Monitoring system.
The tuning and optimization of these systems is a regulatory requirement and requires statistical, investigative and operational expertise. From an operational point of view the optimizing needs to contribute in reducing the workload. Help your colleagues cut through the noise and focus on the alerts that your analyses shows to be dubious. But beyond that this role puts you on the front line of fighting financial crime. You can prevent Money Laundering, Fraud and Terrorist financing with your unique skill set.
Facts & Figures
- 36 or 40 hours per week
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
Top 3 responsibilities as Business Analyst
- Are able to interpret data analysis and statistical output and translate this into audit proof documentation that can be used for decision-making
- Combine a pragmatic approach to realize quick wins with a long term vision on further improving the tuning methodology (e.g. by introducing AI/ML in the optimization efforts)
- Translate regulatory and procedural requirements around tuning (and back-testing) into a methodology and way of working that fits within the existing system and processes
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders within the Wholesale & Rural domain globally. Such as IT, Business, Compliance and Operations within all regions to ensure effective management of requirements by actively seeking solutions related to building and improving the global AML/CTF solution.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at the Wholesale & Rural domain.
The people in FEC Tech Transaction Monitoring Detection (W&R) will be responsible for the analyses of transactions and optimization of the Transaction Monitoring system. Working together is the way we work; as 1 problem-solving, data-minded and analytical team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- Academic degree (MSc) in Statistics or a related field
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in the Transaction Monitoring domain
- ACAMS accreditation and/or certification in FEC, FATCA, CRS, ESR or AML expertise (preferred)
- Knowledge of Python / PySpark
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Understanding of banking processes, products and clients (preferred)
- Knowledge of (inter)national risk and regulatory developments around AML/CTF (preferred)
- Business focused
- Pro-active in your approach to problems
- Able to deal with different stakeholders
- Stress resistant
This is what we offer you
- Salary between € 3.423 and € 4.889 gross per month (scale 8);
- Thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance.
- An extra budget of 10% of your gross salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
- A combination of working from home and at the office.
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport.
- A pension scheme to which you contribute 5.5%
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Business Analist FEC Tech Transaction Monitoring Detection based on a 36 or 40-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Matthew.Caesar-Gordon@rabobank.nl, Productmanager AML Worldwide via Matthew.Caesar-Gordon@rabobank.nl or 06 - 37 22 94 20
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact Marloes Toma, Recruiter via Marloes.Toma@rabobank.nl.
- We will hold the interviews face to face or through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.