Business Analyst CRM
That what you work on every day is responsible for millions of customers using the digital banking affairs and 20,000 employees who use our CRM system. You are working in a driven Business DevOps team and you have the responsibility for designing, developing, testing and managing a flawless Customer Relationship Management System. Through this, employees from Rabobank can serve our customers in the best and most efficient way, making digital banking possible worldwide.
As a business analyst within the tribe Digital Customer Processes, area CRM, you work in a Business DevOps squad that develops and maintains our CRM system, with a specific focus on 360 customer view and communication (for example customer communication preferences, appointments and letters). This enables employees to provide an excellent customer experience for our clients. You identify, model, review and document the functional and non-functional design of the business requirements. You understand the big picture to be solved by capturing and drafting priorities for requirements, together with the product owner. You work in a dynamic and innovative environment and you have contact with different stakeholders and employees.
An example of a recent project with impact: designing and implementing the video chat functionality where employees can create, in an intuitive way, a video chat appointments from CRM/Siebel with their customers. This functionality went live in March 2020, just before the lockdown. To date, almost 100.000 video calls are facilitated by Rabobank employees with customers.
Another remarkable achievement we have implemented are the communication preferences for our 8.0 million private customers and 1.5 million corporate customers. Customers are now more in control of the messages they receive from the Rabobank. Employees can make changes via our Siebel/CRM system and customers via Online (App/Web).
• Advise on and design solutions for our CRM system with impact on external systems
• Translate business requirements into CRM Siebel functionality
• Conduct business impact analyses on themes and epics
• Manage and maintain relations with stakeholders
• Collaborate with other business analysts within (and outside) the DCP area
• Monitor and challenge the mid- and long-term roadmap together with the product owner
• Document requirements and assist in developing and testing the solution
• You are part of a Business DevOps team with autonomy, you proactively participate in team decisions and challenge your peers on proposed solutions and decisions.
• As you work closely with the Siebel software-engineers in your squad, you continuously aim to understand their technical world.
• HBO/WO level, preferably in Business Administration or Computer Science.
• At least 5 years of experience in business analysis with preferable focus on Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
• At least 2 years of experience in implementing complex systems in large corporate environments in the a business analyst role.
• Experience is appreciated. We would also like to get to know passionate young talented people.
• Experience with the Agile way of working.
• Experience with Siebel is preferred but not essential.
• Experience with SQL is preferred but not essential
• Good Negotiation skills
• Results driven
• Good verbal and written communication (Dutch and English)
• Organising and monitoring
• Good presentation skills
We see collaboration as the best way to deliver strong results. We use Scrum as an agile way of working in our Tribe. Our Squads join forces to support the bank-wide organisation with CRM solutions. We bring together talented people to get things done, innovate and provide the best possible customer experience. We also have a strong focus on T-shape profiles within the DCP tribe with over 100 professionals:
• Business analysts
• Software engineers
• Solution Architects
• Product Owners
• Scrum masters
• IT leads
How is it like to work for the CRM Hydra squad?
Dennis Ligthart, Product Owner:
“With CRM we enable excellent multichannel customer service. It gives energy to continuously improve this together with customers, team members and colleagues.”
Ankit Bhimjiyani, Software-engineer:
“It feels like home for me and the work that I do feels as personal as doing any household chore, so yeah it’s like a family.”
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 9.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
• We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week),
You can also expect:
• a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 9 or 10.
• a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
• an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis.
• a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
• 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
• a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
• Applications are open until 30 October. Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
• Senior Recruiter Lois Hageman, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
• Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!