Big Data Engineer (Marketing & Customer Engagement)
That your engineering skills are key to solving urgent business requirements, while impacting the experiences of thousands of customers every day. As a Big Data Engineer you develop complete and scalable solutions in Spark on Azure. Because data is key for our marketing strategy, you will make a difference by ensuring relevant data is provided to our marketing teams, fast.
Create an impact
Your goal will be delivering data in a secure, compliant and automated way, all the while meeting Security DevOps principles. You will do this by:
- Developing scalable and performant solutions in the Azure cloud, that process billions of records every day!
- You will be building and maintaining data pipelines, using Databricks (Pyspark) and Azure Data Factory
- In addition to that you will be setting up and maintaining your own CI/CD pipelines in Azure Devops
But most importantly: You are a sparring partner for your product owner, stakeholders and your own development team. Stakeholders include marketeers, UX designers, and even other data engineers. Your work isn’t only vital within your team. Your expertise is also of utmost importance in helping other teams by getting their data projects of the ground.
For your next project you can expect to work with one of Rabobank’s biggest data sets: Google Analytics (GA). For this project, you will maintain data pipelines that ingest many GB’s of data every day from the Google Cloud Platform to the Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) on Azure. It is your team’s task to ensure that this data is properly prepared for use by our BI and marketing specialist. In addition to this, data quality dashboards need to be in place by connecting the (pre prepared) data quality metrics to power BI. These steps are very important, as we will be using the GA data to create aggregates for Pega Marketing.
With each other
At Marketing & Customer Engagement we enable personalised and relevant communication with our customers. We create and maintain self-service communication channels, so that our internal stakeholders can reach the customer at the right time and in the right channel.
An example? Go to Rabobank.nl. The wide banner on the top of your page is personalized (if you have accepted your cookies of course). These personalized offers have a higher click-through-rate than default ones, which shows that personalization helps customers find the right content. Our team maintains several such interaction points, each with millions of views per week, which highlights how visible our work is. We invite you to find new ways of making our customers’ digital experience more relevant!
Lisa Hoving (Big Data Engineer):
“What sets team Shebang apart from other teams is the speed at which we can put data products into production. Our team members all have different specialties, meaning that we can create entire marketing products within our own team. Since our communication lines are short, we are able to make decisions fast. Needless to say: our team does the whole shebang ;)! ”
The squad works directly with business and marketers on a wide range of projects. We use the latest technologies, including Pega Marketing as the AI-brain behind the personalization.
You will be part of a DevOps squad that delivers end-to-end customer features for personal digital marketing features. The squad takes full responsibility for analysing, building, testing, operating and maintaining their features. We're looking for a Big Data Engineer who can work well within a squad, is pro-active and takes ownership for the features built.
With your talents
Customer focus, innovative thinking, and persuasiveness are essential for your role of Big Data Engineer. In addition, it's important that you bring the following skills:
- Extensive experience on Pyspark, using Databricks
- Cloud experience (Azure)
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines, more specifically in Azure DevOps
- Experience with scripting languages (Python/Bash)
- SQL + NoSQL experience (experience with Cosmos DB is a plus)
- Experience with Google cloud platform (Bigquery) is a big plus
- Experience with streaming technologies (Spark structured streaming, Kafka (Axual), Azure Event Hubs/Azure Streaming Analytics) is a plus
- Experience with Azure Synapse is a plus
The competences we would like you to have:
- You like to work in an agile environment
- Eager to learn new techniques
- Enjoy to teach and share knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Strong collaboration with other roles in the Scrum team
- Drive to continuously improve
- Take ownership of the build, run and change process
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 8-9; Between € 3.600,00 and € 5.888,83
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until September 10th 2021. Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy
- Senior Recruiter Jonathan Moreno Gonzalez: Jonathan.Moreno.Gonzalez@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join our team as Big Data Engineer and make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society?