As a BI Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining one of the largest data warehouses of the Rabobank, namely the Group Risk Finance Data Platform (GRFD). This data warehouse contains all financial and financial risk data of the entire Rabobank Group. The data warehouse will be expanded in the coming years due to the increasing amount of required reporting functions and increasing amount of data sources needed for reporting. The system is of strategic importance for the Rabobank for internal and external reporting purposes, especially reporting to regulators.
Making a difference
- working on a broad spectrum of challenges and solving complex puzzles;
- quickly changing gears from technical to functional aspects and then back again;
- working in a multinational team;
- working on the technical side of a massive data warehouse;
- guiding Scrum team colleagues on technical topics;
- and working within one of the most strategic programs within the Bank?
With each other
We work together at the Rabobank. GRFD is part of the delivery cluster Data Distribution which is part of the IT Systems Risk, Finance and Compliance domain. GRFD is part of a larger program which relies on the GRFD team members to build a future looking data logistic and reporting landscape for Risk & Finance. The program has as its goal to provide all Group financial and financial risk reports for internal and external customers, especially for regulators.
This data warehouse uses SAP HANA XSA as a database engine and Informatica applications, including PowerCenter for the ETL functionalities. The various architectural data layers are based on the DataVault technique and dimensional modelling, derived from a central group-wide logical data model. De new GRFD data logistics are being implemented to standardise and improve the quality of the various required reports and to be able to respond more quickly to internal requirements and those of the regulators.
Client focus, vision, collaboration, communication and continuous improvement are basic building blocks for this function. In addition, you should recognize the importance of the following items:
- 5+ years practical experience as BI consultant/software engineer (Data warehouse/ Business Intelligence)
- 5+ years’ experience in ETL development as software engineer
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with CI/CD (pipelines)
- Extensive experience with Informatica PowerCenter
- Extensive experience with DataVault modelling
- Extensive experience with translating functional specifications into a technical design
- Experience with BI related test methodologies
- Experience with GIT (deployments)
- Preferably experience with SAP Hana XSA and/or SAP PowerDesigner
- Preferably experience with different modelling techniques
Next to the technical skills:
- Minimum of a HBO work and thought level;
- Experience in the financial sector, with main focus in the banking sector is a pre.
- Analytical skills and solution capability
- Experience with Agile way of working and/or Simplify@Scale
- Creative and innovative
- Team player
- Experience with coaching less experienced colleagues
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Every year we invest heavily in the Dutch club life. We support around 1250 organizations in sports and culture that are a home away from home for many people.
- In a project with Humanitas we help people who have financial problems to get their administration in order.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland we help 1,500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Salary & Benefits
Become the best version of yourself! We are happy to help you by putting your development on the center stage and investing in an environment where you will continue to learn. We give you the space to innovate and do business. In this way we offer you plenty of growth opportunities and help you exceed your own expectations, so that you can grow as a professional. In addition, you can count on us (for example, a 36/40-hour week):
- a gross monthly salary between €3.600 and €6.000;based on 40hrs week
- a guarantee (13th) thirteenth month and (8%) holiday allowance;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly income). How you use this budget is up to you. Consider, for example, buying extra vacation days or an extra contribution to your pension;
- flexibility in working hours and location-independent work;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting if you travel with public transport! Still commuting by car or by motorcycle? Then opt for a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme where you contribute only 3,5%;
- a development budget focusing on you and your needs and a training budget related to your function specific needs.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Remote
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Jonathan Moreno Gonzalez, Senior IT- Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Jonathan.Moreno.Gonzalez@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank