Back End Developer
Back End Developer
having more than 400 frontend developers within the Rabobank as your customers. Do you think it is a challenge to offer them the best frontend development experience so that they can efficiently develop features for our customers?
We are looking for a Backend Developer to support Area Foundation within Tribe Digital Platform. As Backend Developer you have great impact on the way our users perceive our services within Rabobank. You will mainly be responsible for the development of our developer self-service platform that allows for an easy way of working and a great developer experience. You actively participate in delivering features as fast as possible, while producing high quality code.
Making a difference
- Designing scalable and future proof solutions.
- Offering the best developer experience.
- Understanding the needs of our frontend community.
- Automating the development process so that teams can focus on adding customer value.
Our technology stack consists of
- Java and Kotlin
- Spring Boot
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our team Guidance & Insights brings talented people together to build the best developer experience for the online development teams within Rabobank. With you as a backend developer, the team will consist of 7 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles.
Being able to think in the ‘bigger picture’, having a platform mindset and a willingness to help other developers are clearly essential for the role of backend developer. In addition, it's important that you recognize yourself in the checklist below:
- Solid understanding of software architecture and fundamentals
- Experience writing scalable and resilient cloud native applications
Growing a better world together
You probably already knew that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. Are you also aware that we are working together to create a better world? We do this in 101 ways:
- Every year, we invest heavily in the life of Dutch associations. We support some 1,250 organisations in sports and culture that are a second home for many people.
- In a project with Humanitas we help people who have financial problems to get their home administration in order.
- Together with the Dutch Council for Refugees, we help 1,500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross base monthly salary between € 3769 and € 5384 depending on your experience;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- an annual personal budget of € 1400 that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Back End Developer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
- Applications are open until we’ve found the best matching candidate. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Frank Simons, sr IT Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Frank.Simons@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquition to this vacancy is not appreciated.