Azure Data & Python Engineer
As a data engineer leveraging your passion for data by supporting Rabobank’s data driven ambitions to fruition. Supporting all business initiatives with a need for data (structured and unstructured, high volume and/or streaming). Rabobank is implementing an Enterprise Data Lake platform in the cloud. And you can be a valuable part of it!
You get excited by building and deploying big data pipelines in the cloud. In the Squad you work on Azure, where you use cloud native components and value the separation between storage and computing. Data frames are not a new concept to you and you write code in either PySpark or use Azure Data Flow for your ETL needs. Your deployments are automated and you are able to quickly prototype your solutions.
Your experience and competencies
You have a couple of years of experience in using the concepts/components in a production environment:
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks using Python/SQL
- Data modelling and SQL
- Azure Synapse
- API Development on Azure (preferably with python)
- Scripting either PowerShell or bash
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure Functions
- Build and deploy with Azure DevOps
- Set up data quality and monitoring
- Develop unit tests (TDD)
The competences we would like you to have:
- Eager to learn new techniques
- Enjoy to teach and share knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Strong collaboration with other roles in the Scrum team
- Drive to continuously improve
- Take ownership of the build, run and change process
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 8-9; Between € 3.300,00 and € 5.383,00 (36 hours)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Senior Recruiter Frank Simons: Frank.Simons@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!