AVP - Financial Planning Analyst
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Finance is responsible for the financial, management, and regulatory reporting for North America. The group ensures proper policies and procedures are in place governing the entire reporting process, including budget, profit & loss, balance sheet, economic capital, MT packages, and other reporting requirements. This position also plays an integral role with the businesses and support areas as an advisor, liaison and process innovator in a business control function.
This position is to support the management reporting function, helps coordinate and align business unit presentations, and head office data to present a clear business viewpoint. Provides all stakeholders key information in managing their business, including all income statement, balance sheet, capital usage performance reporting an analytics. Monitors actual cost against budget levels, and assist aligning performance indicators to strategic plans. Also provides support for other strategic planning and financial reporting matters.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Be the Single Point of Truth (SPOT) for Financial Management information.
- Assist in the preparation of:
- Financial statements in business line format, with focus on business line profitability and performance against targets
- Forecasts, budgets, strategic plans
- Commentary and analytics (month on month, actual to budget to forecast deviations, etc.)
- Cost control (analysis of cost trends, explanation of variances to budget, and proposing remediation actions)
- Presentations to management and individual department managers on North America Performance including P&L, Balance Sheet, Capital Usage, Client Data, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of reporting data sources to the official books and records of the bank.
- Support for coordination of budget and forecast process for North America Region.
- Preparation of Head Office management reporting, including Balance Sheet, P&L statements, as well as Customer Reporting.
- Ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate potential reporting errors.
- Act as partner and advisor to the businesses and support areas.
- Participate in special projects and ongoing automation enhancements.
- Complete all mandatory training.
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture And Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate Rabobank Cultural Practices.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Extremely strong Excel skills.
- Accounting/Finance conceptual knowledge.
- Ability to work well with individuals remotely via email, phone, and Skype.
- Ability to professionally interact regularly with senior management.
- Knowledge of financial and management accounting systems.
- BS - Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or BA in Economics or relevant work experience.
- 5-7 years in Financial Reporting or Controller’s function.
- Banking industry experience.
- Hyperion Essbase experience.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo Diversified Services employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.