AVP - Business Manager
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Provide business management support to the overall Corporate Clients Chicago Team. Responsibilities include: providing information, analysis and reports critical for the management of the Region; for decision-making; and for the evolution of the business of the Midwestern Region. The information to include the Region’s expenses and income against budget and previous periods; preparing the annual budget and regular forecasts; maintaining the client relationship management system (ClientLink); analysing the performance of the Region against established KPIs; working with various departments within the bank including Business Continuity, Compliance and Audit (coordinating and preparing information for internal and external auditors); as well as supporting the business development for the Midwestern Region. Special assignments and projects taken on as the business requires.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supports the Head of the Chicago office for strategic initiatives of overall office performance.
- Participates as a member of the Western Region Management Team.
- Provides key performance information and analysis to support business decisions and evolution of the business in the Western Region.
- Actively monitors office financial performance; monitors office performance vs. budget on a monthly basis; works with Corporate Clients Business Management and Finance to resolve any income or expense discrepancies.
- Assists in the development of briefing reports on clients and prospects for Sr. Executive meetings and prepares prospect profiles.
- Assists Office Head in preparing annual strategy review and quarterly office performance analysis and revised strategy initiatives.
- Prepares analysis on the office client portfolio in terms of return on credit-related income and cross sell income for the Chicago office and by RM portfolio.
- Reviews office portfolio data such as client data and client relationship information; reviews and provides updated information to the client relationship management system (ClientLink); reviews adherence to ClientLink KPIs monthly and works with Relationship Managers and Analysts to meet the office KPI goals.
- Manages the annual budgeting process for revenue and expenses; supports Relationship Managers in account planning and estimating annual revenue budget; works with various departments to prepare the annual expense budget.
- Works closely with the Head of Chicago office to prepare materials for the weekly team meeting; organizes the weekly meeting content and leads the meetings.
- Provides client income to Credit Analysts to perform credit reviews.
- Assists the RMs prepare GAIAs for new clients and at renewal.
- Actively monitors deal workflow/pipeline and maintains up to date pipeline reports for the office; maintains an updated list of prospects.
- Works with Information Technology (IT) and Business Continuity (BC) to address any IT or BC issues at the office level; attends monthly calls and provides updates; works with BC to maintain the office Business Continuity Plan.
- Works with Legal, Compliance, and Operational Risk to address any regulatory or compliance issues as necessary; conducts the quarterly clean desk policy review; attends monthly Compliance calls.
- Coordinates with internal or external auditors for onsite visits; prepares audit requested documentation.
- Manages the internship program in the Chicago Representative Office; screens candidates and schedules interviews; interviews candidates and communicates with candidates; coordinates with Human Resources to on-board interns.
- Works closely with and provides support to the Administrative Supervisor, as and when required.
- Plans and organizes his/her own work; uses time effectively; sets appropriate priorities and anticipate business needs.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details.
- Strong multitasking, organizational and interpersonal skills are critical and the ability to build relationships.
- Communicates all matters of importance; has skill in receiving and delivering information orally and in writing to individuals or groups.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in financial reporting and annual budgeting process.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and understands the Bank’s system and applications.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also work independently.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience (ideally financial background)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and accounting and budget tracking
- Ability to work independently and with a team
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.