AU IT Business Analyst (AU)
Job Overview & Purpose:
Perform the role of Business Analyst for the “Title: Delivery Manager, IT Systems - Architecture & Engineering – Business Analysis” which acts as a central repository for business analyst resources in the IT Systems department.
The Business Analyst is responsible for translating business assessments, system implementation and cost/benefit analysis to align the technology of the organisation with their business strategies into the specifications enabling system solutions. The role involves receiving business needs from management, solicit product and enhancement requirements from users and must be able to convert the requests into a workable solution to present to technology staff. They are requires to negotiate options with the users, devise best practices and document based on the anticipated requirements into a set of business requirements, functional specifications. They are require to work with the various ITS areas that enable effective business outcomes. The Business Analysts must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Each engagement could be:
• Short term or long term
• Business As Usual or Project related
• Business Requirements gathering or Support
Context of Job:
IT Systems - develop, integrate, deliver and support IT applications.
The Business Analyst is responsible for executing business analyst activities across a number of different business lines. He / She must work closely with the developers to understand the data structures as well as working with different systems within the bank to understand the data, enabling appropriate business solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Work with the business to gather their business requirements for all areas of the Bank ensuring consistent and efficient requirements that can be translated into functional specifications reflecting the user’s needs and fit for purpose for the application/processes.
• Ability to negotiate options and implement best practices during the analysis phase to provide effective & efficient business solutions
• Create functional specifications that meet the business requirements with regard to the banks data, data structures and business processes, enabling developers to create efficient & effective solutions.
• Provide efficient and consistent structured Documentation/Configuration Tool that can easily be referenced and related to specific business solutions.
• Create test scripts/scenario document and participate in testing of applications, outputs, interfaces and processes against requirements.
• Create of System/Application Process and Procedures (E.g. Functional/process user guide)
• Contribute to projects regarding test co-ordination, environment management, acceptance testing of applications
• Support the end-users and Production Support teams in documenting BAU procedures that relate to the specific delivery (applications/processes)
• Develop and maintain knowledge of business and business architecture (using available knowledge base)
• Continuously works to increase Financial Industry knowledge and to be familiar with best practices.
• IT based degree or equivalent is essential.
• Relevant formal qualifications are desirable.
• Prince 2 Practitioner
• At least 3 years Banking and Finance industry experience in Business Analyst, system design, development, testing and/or project implementation & planning.
• Experience with Audit, Compliance and Operational Risk processes
• Knowledge and experience in the full Software Development Life Cycle.
• Sound awareness of market/ industry/ functional/ technical knowledge and developments of Wholesale, Financial, Retail systems. Detailed understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Basic Unix/SQL/Oracle knowledge
• Perform as an effective member of functional / project teams.
• Liaise & network with all levels of Rabobank staff.
• Liaise & network with 3rd parties (e.g. suppliers) as necessary.
• Mediate between end-users and IT staff.
• Provide technical guidance/advice/support to colleagues.
• Emphasis is on supplying the users’ business system needs.
Technical and Specialist Skills
• Able to analyse customer needs and work with colleagues to produce creative business solutions.
• An understanding of transaction based applications used in front and back-office environment such as Banking (Country Banking and Wholesale) and Financial system, Kondor+, Devon, OMR etc.
• Experience with SQL and relational databases. Ability to interrogate / interpret system applications to provide end-user reports, source data for downstream systems and for general analysis. SQL and VBA skills (ability to write/debug)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Project).
Planning and Organisation
• Ability to manage a BA team on multiple concurrent tasks and ensure timely delivery of all projects.
• Responsible for keeping track of own & subordinates’ work, regularly updating users & management on progress of tasks.
Soft Skills Set
• Organisational skills, initiative, self-motivation and a strong customer focus are essential.
• A strong desire for personal improvement is essential.
• Reasonable oral & written communication skills are essential
• Team Lead, IT Systems - Business Analysts Team (leader)
• IT System - Business Analysts (peers)
• IT System – Development Team (peers)
• Project/ Program Manager(s) - respective (stakeholders/clients)
• Project Team members - respective (stakeholders/clients)
• Rabobank managers and employees (clients)
• External partners and suppliers (providers)
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT