Associate Director, Value Chain Finance
Rabobank is the world’s leading specialist in food and agribusiness banking. One of our key strengths lies in our people who have a deep understanding of agriculture and are committed to adding long-term value for clients. Our commitment to our employees and clients is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Value Chain Finance business unit combines Rabobank’s long-term expertise in working capital solutions. We aim to establish a position in the top best Value Chain Finance banks, recognised for it’s in depth knowledge of agri and commodity markets and high quality finance solutions.
Value Chain Finance Finance Sydney is part of a global network serving Rabobank’s largest international clients. We offer a range of products to our clients including supplier finance and ownership based funding solutions (inventory and receivables).
A specialist role which focuses on assisting with managing Value Chain Finance (VCF) clients both from structuring and execution as a portfolio management angle, with a particular focus on payables, inventories and receivables for a range of TCF and Corporate clients and transactions in the agri and commodities sector(s).
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Assist with structuring and executing VCF facilities to clients, including safeguarding consistency in the products/services offered and optimising revenues and returns.
- Assist with relationship manager VCF clients and transactions, assisting with the current portfolio and backing up on VCF Portfolio & Transaction Management activities.
- Identify opportunities for VCF, with focus across a wide variety of clients.
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework within which Rabobank operates, including adequate knowledge and hands-on approach with regards to all major risk categories (e.g. operational, performance, market, legal, country, political and currency).
- Assist in managing the credit process as required in order to receive approval to offer appropriate products and services to nominated clients.
- Liaise with relationship managers where applicable in respect to existing and target customer relationships including input with preparation of credit submissions.
- Assist Head VCF Australia and New Zealand (and VCF PTM APAC) as and when required.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A relative tertiary qualification is desirable, preferably within finance, legal or credit risk
- Banking / financial / agri experience with preferably 5 years in a finance environment with a particular focus on solutions around payables, inventories and/or receivables.
- Interest and knowledge of the food and agribusiness sectors.
- Basic knowledge and experience with VCF structures.
- A well developed sense of risk management
- A intermediate understanding of legal issues pertaining to VCF structures.
Our Values, Vision and Mission
Rabobank Australia fully embraces inclusion and belonging and delivers positive experiences for our people and clients. Our great working conditions, broad learning and development programmes and the opportunity to work together for the greater good are reasons why our employees love working here. We are committed to our values; we are client focussed, action oriented, purposeful and courageous in our work. We are professional and considerate and bring out the best in each other and are committed to keep learning. We have an open culture, where you can be yourself and be valued for who you are.
What we're proud to offer you:
- Rabo@Anywhere is the hybrid way of working at Rabobank. It aims to provide an approach to work that empowers our employees to benefit from working remotely, or from a Rabobank office/branch when it makes sense to do so.
- As part of our wellbeing offering we also have Wellbeing Leave. These extra leave days can be used in a way that helps achieve greater work/life balance. It’s just another way we are helping our employees to lead happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- Rabobank values the development of its people and has a great Education Assistance Program to assist with professional development.
- An inclusive Parental Leave policy that supports you and your family while giving you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy this special time (Primary carer up-to 14 weeks paid leave)
- We realise sometimes 4 weeks Annual Leave isn't enough! At Rabobank we provide an incentive for eligible employees to receive 1 extra week Annual Leave. With an option to also purchase another 2 weeks Annual Leave.
- Rabobank recognises that employees need to protect their financial wellbeing, in the event of serious illness, injury, or even death. Rabobank provides eligible permanent employees with employer-funded Death, Temporary & Permanent Disability (TPD) and Income Protection Insurance.
- As part of Rabobank's global Corporate Social Responsibility, Workplace Giving aims to encourage employees to contribute to our community. Rabo Workplace Giving program matches employee donations to selected Social Partners.
Rabobank is committed to a culture where diversity and inclusion is valued, respected and encouraged. We welcome applicants from diverse cultures, faith and sexual orientation.
Rabobank is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Only Australian citizens or permanent residents will be considered