Associate Director, FX Spot and Options Trader
Imagine realizing added value for our core clients by joining our Markets Trading team. As FX Spot and Options Trader, you can make a difference by market making activities in Spot FX products to clients of the Rabobank network and pricing FX Option structures and hedging exposure. You make a difference by:
Making a difference
Developing Strategies and Supporting Infrastructure
- Maximize the bid-offer spread that is captured by the order and leverage on the flow
- Looking after the execution algo during Asian time zone
Developing & Maintaining Long-Term Customer Relationships
- Servicing customer base, executing transactions on time and in accordance with standards and policies
- Make market to corporate and institutional clients of Rabobank network
- Build relationship with banks and consistently be on the ground to be close to the market
Creating, Sharing & Using Knowledge
- Developing understanding of products/services (own and others) their contribution to the Bank’s strategy and their risk impact
- Keeping up-to-date with market/industry/functional knowledge and economic/social/regulatory/technical developments and competitors’ product ranges
- Providing technical guidance/advice/support to colleagues
The position is a combination of FX Spot and FX Options trading. For FX spot the position is responsible for assisting to manage the foreign exchange books of the bank and to mainly generate income based on arbitrage trading, market positioning, and client flow. Hong Kong being the CoC of FX Spot Trading for Rabobank in Asia, the desk is to provide market making activities in Spot FX products to clients of the Rabobank network.
For FX Option the position is part of the global FX Options team. During Asian hours the position is responsible for pricing FX option structures and hedging exposure when required. The FX Options business is managed from London but Hong provides the pricing for both Australian and Asian clients.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Markets Trading department brings talented people together and aims to provide high value solutions to the core customers of Rabobank. With you as a FX Spot and Options trader, the Markets HK Trading team also consists of STIR traders and FI Sales, and long end traders.
Complex problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and integrity are clearly essential for the role of FX Spot and Options Trader. Collaboration is clearly essential, as well as being agile, having a high-level service orientation and a sound judgement. In addition, it's important that you recognize yourself in the checklist below:
- Graduate/Post-graduate qualification or equivalent;
- 5+ years FX spot and/or options trading;
- Strong interest in trading technology and programming languages;
- Fluent in Cantonese and English, preference for Mandarin speaker.
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission?
We do so in countless ways, such as:
- “Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we're helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.”
- “In 2016, an innovative fund was set up in Ireland to help dairy farmers become less dependent on income from milk sales.”
- “Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, you can also expect:
- A competitive salary;
- A pension scheme of which top-up contribution from us is available;
- On top of the life-, personal disability and medical benefits, flexible spending dollars on healthcare and wellness items to support your well-being;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as FX Spot and FX Options trader and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Hong Kong.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 27 July 2021. Apply via the “Apply now” button.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank;
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!