Rabobank is the world’s leading specialist in food and agribusiness banking. One of our key strengths lies in our people who have a deep understanding of agriculture and are committed to adding long-term value for clients. Our commitment to our employees and clients is at the heart of everything we do.
Country Banking forms the core business of Rabobank Australia and has 61 branches across Australia. Country Banking enjoys a reputation as the leading provider of specialised banking services in the Food and Agribusiness sector. Country Banking Australia within Rabobank Australia and New Zealand Group (RANZG) is an important contributor to Rabobank globally.
About the role
We are currently looking for an Agribusiness Area Manager to lead our Dubbo branch on a full time permanent basis. As the Area Manager, you will be responsible for leading the branch, made up of Rural Managers and support staff to achieve business performance and customer satisfaction through effective and appropriate delivery of products and services. You will achieve this by:
- Having a sound understanding of the competitive environment in the market
- Proactively engaging with clients, prospects and other relevant stakeholders
- Meeting the strategic objectives of not only the Branch but also the Region and Country Banking Australia
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Engaging with our external clients and translating their story into tangible business and strategic insights
What we are looking for
- Strong experience as an Account Manager or similar in another bank
- Sound knowledge of the Food and Agribusiness industry
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and management skills
- Demonstrated costs/budget management
- Effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrated sales and marketing skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Specialised financial products
- Financial analysis skills including balance sheet, profit and loss statement analysis and cash flow interpretation.
- Credit analysis skills.
Due to the nature of this role, you will need to be fully mobile and willing to travel for client meetings and to other branches in the region as and when needed.
Our Values, Vision and Mission
Rabobank Australia fully embraces inclusion and belonging and delivers positive experiences for our people and clients. Our great working conditions, broad learning and development programmes and the opportunity to work together for the greater good are reasons why our employees love working here. We are committed to our values; we are client focussed, action oriented, purposeful and courageous in our work. We are professional and considerate and bring out the best in each other and are committed to keep learning. We have an open culture, where you can be yourself and be valued for who you are.
What we're proud to offer you:
- Rabo@Anywhere is the hybrid way of working at Rabobank. It aims to provide an approach to work that empowers our employees to benefit from working remotely, or from a Rabobank office/branch when it makes sense to do so.
- Rabobank values the development of its people and has a great Education Assistance Program to assist with professional development.
- An inclusive Parental Leave policy that supports you and your family while giving you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy this special time (Primary carer up-to 14 weeks paid leave)
- We realise sometimes 4 weeks Annual Leave isn't enough! At Rabobank we provide an incentive for eligible employees to receive 1 extra week Annual Leave. With an option to also purchase another 2 weeks Annual Leave.
- Rabobank recognises that employees need to protect their financial wellbeing, in the event of serious illness, injury, or even death. Rabobank provides eligible permanent employees with employer-funded Death, Temporary & Permanent Disability (TPD) and Income Protection Insurance.
- As part of Rabobank's global Corporate Social Responsibility, Workplace Giving aims to encourage employees to contribute to our community. Rabo Workplace Giving program matches employee donations to selected Social Partners.
A competitive remuneration package, including a fully maintained vehicle, will be offered for the successful candidate.
Rabobank is committed to a culture where diversity and inclusion is valued, respected and encouraged. We welcome applicants from diverse cultures, faith and sexual orientation.
Rabobank is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Only Australian citizens or permanent residents will be considered.