Analyst Portfolio Management Special Projects - Young Professional Program Corporate Banking
You make the link between Rabobank's overall strategy and how this can be translated into financial KPIs and the business strategy on current projects. In other words, you are the director of complex strategic projects and you make the difference by formulating practical, actionable advice from a financial technical perspective on Rabobank's strategic challenges. With your ability to think outside the box and identify new opportunities for our stakeholders in the Rabobank, you create impact.
As an analyst you will work in one of the most dynamic departments of the bank. You always work at the interface of the bank's strategy and financial performance, with the aim of optimizing the bank's financing position, capital position or product offering.
The start date for this junior position is October 1, 2022.
Young Professional Program – Corporate Banking
The role as an Analyst within the Special Projects team is part of the Young Professional Corporate Banking Program. This means that in addition to your regular work, you also follow a personal development program for 1.5 years. In this program you will receive job-related training, personal development training, coaching sessions and networking opportunities. You will not do all of this developing on your own, but together with your fellow Young Professionals.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to spend 3-4 months at another department within Rabobank for. This experience offers you the opportunity to develop new skills, accelerating you as a Young Professional within Portfolio Management. Do you seize this opportunity and are you ready to enjoy a steep learning curve? All this while working in a stimulating environment with talented and ambitious colleagues? This is your chance!
Making a difference
You can actively contribute to the team by:
- Creating new or revising existing business models of Rabobank entities.
- Working on complex assignments with a technical and cross-functional character.
- Contribute to solutions involving portfolio transactions (structured deals, acquisitions and divestments) to optimize the balance sheet.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. With you as an Analyst Portfolio Management, the team consists of 30 dedicated colleagues. The Portfolio Management department is part of the CFO domain and its goal is to create room for future growth by optimizing Rabobank's balance sheet, executing M&A and asset portfolio transactions in all regions and offering fund management solutions for institutional investors. Bas van Wely, Associate Director, about this team: “We work with stakeholders across the bank to make an impact on Rabobank’s strategic objectives, by translating analytical challenges into tangible business actions. We do this in a motivated team that is likes to go the extra mile but also like to have fun together”.
The Portfolio Management department consists of four pillars: Credit Portfolio Management (CPM), Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions (CM&A), Rabo Fund Management (RFM) and Chief Operating Office (COO). CPM focuses on 4 core areas: Structured Asset Distribution, Client Pricing, Special Projects and Analytics & Reporting. Within CPM, the Special Projects team takes direct orders from the Board of Directors and the CFO's Management Team and works in a cross-functional context on projects of a strategic and technical financial nature for the bank. An example of this is identifying and analyzing strategic decisions to grow and restructure Rabobank.
If you are interested, it is important that you recognise some of the following below:
- Relevant Master’s degree and excellent academic results.
- Analytical mindset, and with an interest in modelling/valuation/structuring skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in working with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, or willing and liking to learn so quickly.
- Structured and efficient way of working.
Next to that, it is primarily important that you are interested in what we do:
- You have a strong affiliation with management consulting, corporate finance, or the financial services industry. If demonstrated by relevant internship experience, extracurricular or other activities, this is a plus.
- You are willing to go the extra mile, but always in combination with having fun together.
- You enjoy working in a small team and a dynamic environment.
- You have the possibility to develop yourself by contributing to department-wide initiatives.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We're investing over 4 billion Euros in sustainable power generation, so that future generations can live in a cleaner world, as one of the world’s leading financiers of renewables.
- Contributing to the Wholesale Strategy of Leadership in Sustainable Transitions and supporting our clients to make a durable contribution.
- Empower our people to contribute to their local communities or give means to our cooperative identity in any other way.
- We are the #2 global sustainable bank according to Sustainalytics.
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing with you on your growth, development and investing in an environment where you continue to learn every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. We offer you numerous opportunities to grow and to help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well and to grow as a professional. In addition, you can also count on us (based on a 40-hour working week) on:
- a gross monthly salary in scale 7.
- a thirteenth month and holiday allowance.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9% of your monthly salary). You decide how you spend this budget. Think of buying extra vacation days, making an extra pension contributions or receiving a monthly payment.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- flexible working hours.
- 100% reimbursement for commuting if you travel by public transport! Would you rather travel by car or motorcycle? Then opt for a travel allowance;
- a pension scheme, for which your contribution is only 3.5%.
Are you the person we are looking for? Are you ready to join our team as an Analyst Portfolio Management and make a difference for yourself, our clients and society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until Sunday July 3, 2022. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy. Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades. If you miss one of these elements in your application, your application will not be processed.
- The application process for this vacancy includes a test, an online first interview and a selection day in Utrecht. Please note that the assessments must be made no later than Wednesday 6 July, the first interview will take place at Monday 11 July and Tuesday 12 July and the selection day on Monday 18 July. The selection day takes place at our Head Office (Croeselaan 18 in Utrecht).
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Jan-Jaap Snoep, Head of the Special Projects team within Portfolio Management on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Godelief Wösten, Campus Recruiter Corporate Banking would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!