Analyst - Mergers & Acquisition Analyst
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team in New York is responsible for originating and executing ideas for M&A transactions for Rabobank’s client base globally, with a focus on the Americas and cross-border transactions The analyst works closely with senior members of the team in support of its origination and execution activities. The analyst will assume lead responsibility for financial modeling, preparation of presentations, research and certain administrative functions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The execution role includes:
Supporting the senior team members in the day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting.
Preparation of financial models, projections, and merger analyses
Preparation of marketing presentations
Other financial analysis including the financial capacity of potential acquirers or competitors for an asset
Analyzing transaction and trading comparables of companies in similar sectors and current market valuation trends
Organizing due diligence information that is used by potential acquirers in their review of potential transactions
Both on the marketing and the execution side, our analysts are involved in a number of activities in support of the Managing Directors and other senior members of the group.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Work together, discuss and consult with senior team members about projects/ ideas and situations
- Take initiative in finding new and more efficient ways to work (both on the execution and origination side of things)
- Support team members in the sector coverage responsibilities including ensuring that databases and credentials are maintained and updated
- Provide assistance in developing industry and sector knowledge
- Support Associates, VP's and senior team members in the preparation of marketing materials and pitches and be very diligent about quality control and attention to detail
- Take initiative for identifying M&A ideas
- Develop and master analytical skills with a focus on valuation / modeling skills
- Take lead in the day to day aspects of modeling / valuation / trading and transaction comps and other analytical skills that are the cornerstone of M&A work
- Participate and contribute to preparation of marketing materials and pitches with accuracy and attention to detail
- Contribute to team building efforts
- Be visible at team gatherings and show initiative
- Take an active role in coaching and training interns
- Adhere to compliance regulations (100% compliance)
Job Skills and Knowledge (Essential):
Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Basic financial accounting, strong research skills, attention to detail/work ethic.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
years M&A experience (within an investment banking environment is preferred)
Undergraduate degree with a concentration in finance or related studies
Strong undergraduate record
- With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.