Job Overview & Purpose:
To originate transactions and support Agribusiness Managers in the development and maintenance of long term client relationships and business growth.
Context of Job:
Country Banking New Zealand (CBNZ) forms the core business of Rabobank New Zealand and has 33 offices across New Zealand.
Country Banking enjoys a reputation as the leading provider of specialised banking services in the Food and Agribusiness sector. The Retail and Rural sector of Rabobank Australia and New Zealand Group (RANZG) is an important contributor to Rabobank globally.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities*:
• Work collaboratively with Agribusiness Manager(s) in responding to requirements of new and existing clients
• Complete financial analysis and preparation of loan applications and reviews in accordance with the LAP policy and procedure requirements.
• Complete independently or assist clients in establishing new accounts, including AIO conversions, RIBs setup, Automatic payments etc.
• Maintain annual credit reviews and account manager reviews to credit policy requirements.
• Monitor loan arrears and accounts in excess, and take appropriate action to rectify.
• Ensure settlement of approved loan applications on time.
• Contribute to the development and execution of marketing plans.
• Maintain and build relationships with local referral sources, including accountants, solicitors and consultants.
• Undertake service and fulfilment work as required, requesting financial statements and general liaison with clients, other service providers and other stakeholders.
• Coach and mentor colleagues as required.
• Other duties as directed.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or relevant agricultural discipline (desirable).
• Experience gained within banking and / or business or corporate banking with an agribusiness focus as an Analyst or similar.
• Strong knowledge of the rural industry
• Knowledge of specialised financial products
• Ability to suggest improvements to systems and processes.
• Ability act as a mentor and coach to colleagues as required
• Ability to influence
• Demonstrate sound judgement
• Display and promote a high level of conduct at all times
• Promote of culture of professionalism, respect and fun
• Customer Focus
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships and networks with internal and external clients
• Strong commercial orientation; ability to communicate decisions to the client that are mutually beneficial.
Technical and Specialist Skills
• Advanced understanding of lending services and policy and procedures.
• Strong credit and financial analysis skills.
• Strong communication at all levels both written and verbal.
• Ability to maintain sound relationships with key internal and external clients.
Planning and Organisation
• Ability to plan and organise own work and perform under pressure
Compliance & Operational Risk
• Manages facility maturities, excesses, ongoing covenant and compliance monitoring and reviews in a timely and sufficient manner as per Bank policy and procedure.
• Undertake Risk Champion responsibilities as required.
• Customer Focus – Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers’ wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating to this, putting customer interest first. Thinking and acting from the customer’s perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
• Partnership – Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
• Networking – Building, expanding and maintaining a network of internal and external contacts and relations. Creating the conditions for long-term customer relationships. Forming communities by bringing relevant stakeholders together.
• Communication – Delivers a strong and coordinated message. Ensures transparency.
• Problem Solving – Substantiating (strategic and operational) choices and actions based on sounds problem analysis. Collecting relevant information, analysing data and correlating. Drawing correct and realistic conclusions.
• Organising & Monitoring – Organising work systematically, effectively and efficiently. Exhibit cost-consciousness. Monitor progress of tasks, activities and processes, and take action where necessary.