Ag Financial Analyst Intern (Various, US)
As a summer intern, you will not only get hands-on experience working as a financial analyst within our Customer Relationship Team (CRT), you will also have the opportunity to build and develop your network within Rabo AgriFinance. This includes exposure to the leaders in the organization, interacting with various groups within the CRT, as well as be provided an intern mentor to help guide you throughout your internship.
You will start your internship with a robust orientation program with all other company interns and then spend the remaining time in your designated office. Field offices can be based in various locations across the US. These paid internships will start in early June and conclude in early August.
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $900 billion in assets and operations in over 40 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, livestock and specialty crops.
The Financial Analyst Intern position is responsible to participate in the internship program and required to work 40 hours/week. As a Financial Analyst intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in many of the following:
- Develop an understanding about possible loan structures, credit products and how they are used
- Direct experience in day-to-day tasks of a Financial Analyst, which includes but not limited to, sourcing of loan documents, creating ticklers and imaging source documents
- Opportunities to actively participate in team meetings and use RAF technologies, like Skype calls and chats
- Experience with financial spreading and financial statement analysis
- Work cross-functionally with other areas of the CRT team and participate in rotations within other valuable functions to be exposed to all aspects of managing a client’s portfolio. This includes relationship management, ride-alongs to clients, loan reviews, underwriting, appraisals, among other areas.
- Researching and following up on loan delinquencies
- Participation in a summer long project where there will be an opportunity to present to leadership and the local team
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Ag Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related major
- Junior or senior year standing, with targeted graduation dates of December 2020 through Summer 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale required
- Knowledge or experience in agriculture, preferred
- Strong written and oral communication and comprehension skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Internet Explorer
- Ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple projects at one time
- Quick learner who can work well in teams, but also a self-starter who can work individually with minimal supervision
- Some exposure to short- and long-term agricultural credit and financial spreading, a plus
- Willingness to travel 10-15% at times
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services ("Rabo") all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.