Advisory KYC Operations Wholesale Europe (NL Hub)
KYC is Know Your Customer. It’s having an overview of the client’s activities within our financial systems. This allows us to identify when clients activities are not acting in line with laws and regulations, for example when clients have unclear corporate structures, process money laundering transactions or trade with sanctioned countries. Working together is at the heart of everything we do. Reaching the ambition of an effective KYC organization can only be done when all functions within the bank work together and execute their role. Within our chain, we continuously strive to improve. The Advisory team is part of the KYC Operations Wholesale Europe department and is the driver behind the quality within the KYC-domain. All employees and managers provide their own value to the end result. The culture is open and, whilst the bar is set high, people are our most important assets. There is a safe environment where you are encouraged to address each other on quality and behavior.
You and your job
The Advisory team is part of the first line of defense and consists of several (KYC) content experts who provide advice and subject matter expertise on day to day queries and requests, which require an enhanced knowledge of CDD and compliance related topics. As a KYC Advisor you work closely together with the CDD teams to understand the challenges and risks within their process. You act as the central point of contact for Management, KYC analysts, FLM specialists and other stakeholders that need expert advice regarding the application of KYC policies and procedures in their first line activities. You can make the difference by providing your in-depth knowledge and experience of KYC, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related topics, which can result in proposals to Global KYC Operations, Compliance and CAMS for amendments/addendums to global procedures, standards and policies.
- You are a strong sparring partner for our stakeholders, with a thorough knowledge of both the Wholesale business and the relevant laws and regulations.
- An independent advisor with the ability to signal trends and provide reports/management information.
- You keep up to date with relevant developments, observe bottlenecks and translate them into process and/or policy improvements.
- Work closely together with the CDD teams to understand the challenges and risks within their processes.
- Contribute to change projects in order to improve the quality of CDD files and optimize the end-to-end KYC process.
- Contribute to the implementation and operationalization of global procedures, standards and policies within the KYC Operations Wholesale Europe department.
- Address thematic issues with Compliance, CAMS and the Global KYC Service center.
- You have a proactive and hands-on approach, with a strong focus on quality and adherence to internal policies and external regulations.
- Provide solicited and unsolicited professional advice to colleagues from KYC Operations, the business and (senior) management.
- You stimulate the growth of expertise within the department, by sharing your knowledge and coaching colleagues. For example by developing and giving trainings (on any topic that requires specific expertise, for the implementation of new policies and procedures, and providing new joiner sessions) and providing the Learning Ambassador Network with content related input.
- Act as a linking pin between the KYC Wholesale Europe department and other important stakeholders within the bank.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. Therefore, we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at KYC Operations Wholesale Europe.
You probably already know that Rabobank provides financial services for 7.1 million customers in 46 countries. Do you also know that we work together for a better world? We do this in 101 different ways such as:
- In a project with Humanitas we help people with financial problems by getting their administration in order;
- Every year we return part of our profit to society. We invest this money – which we call cooperative dividend – in various local initiatives;
- We continuously think about the future. We invest 3.8 billion euros in sustainable energy, so that generations after us can live in a cleaner world.
You and your talent
- Bachelor with 10-15 years of experience
- Master with 5-10 years of experience
- Preferably a certified Compliance Professional/Officer education
- In depth knowledge of and experience with the wholesale business as well as legal issues/economic analyses/Wft and Wwft and sanctions legislation and regulations
- Strong sparring partner for stakeholders in and outside of the department
- Critical thinker
- Decision-making capabilities based on independent judgement
- Pro-active and hands on approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Wants to get better every day
- Able to think outside the box
- Builds relationships
- Experience with Risk Management
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services
This is what we offer you
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.807,44 and € 6.481,96 (depending on your experience and expertise)
- Thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance
- An extra budget of 10% of your gross monthly salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for an Advisor based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for Advisory KYC Operations Wholesale Europe at Rabobank.
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Vincent Quist, Manager Advisory KYC Operations Wholesale Europe (NL hub) via Vincent.Quist@rabobank.nl
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Moniek Peeters, Recruiter, via Moniek.Peeters@rabobank.nl
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.