Credit Analyst, Trade & Commodity Finance
The successful candidate will be part of the Trade & Commodity Finance team that is based in Singapore. This is a client-facing role with shared accountability of assigned client portfolio. As a key contributor in the team, the successful candidate is to strengthen the risk accountability in the first line of defense by:
- Performing all credit related responsibilities of assigned portfolio, including but not limited to below.
- Identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring and reporting risks that may incur in the business;
- Ensuring the risk profile complies with risk policies, standards and guidelines;
- Promoting a strong risk culture within business;
- Identifying and assessing risks with a forward looking view;
- Managing risk by preventing further damage;
- Implementing effective risk control in accordance with the Bank’s framework; and
- Supporting full transaction execution.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role are as follows:
Credit & Risk Management
- Prepare credit application, annual review and solicit approvals in situations of facility increase, exception/deviation request, changes in term sheet/ existing facility structure, non-compliance of covenants, negative development, etc
- Responsible for credit risk assessment and modelling, including financial spreading, rating, loan classification, Credit Modelling, assessment of default triggers and financial projections.
- Work closely with country or regional credit committee(s) to clarify credit application enquiries, and to respond to action points requested by relevant committee(s) wherever necessary
- Responsible for documentation initiation process, follow up with the collation of condition precedents documents, covenant control and monitoring of approval conditions
- Review documentation to ensure compliance with credit approval terms
- Responsible for control activities, including collateral management and report, maintain credit-risk related data quality and closely monitor loan classification
- Conduct timely escalation of any negative development or red flags based on credit risk position and adverse changing market conditions
- Assist in portfolio review, regular or ad hoc projects in relation to account and portfolio monitoring
- Participate in In-Control meeting and to monitor, administer and report operational risk incidents
- Provide input for regulatory returns
- Responsible for credit related data/limit input and monitoring of Loan Classification
- Act as contact point for auditors for all credit and risk related matters
- Responsible for credit related matters during credit structuring and term sheet preparation, negotiation and review processes.
- Participate in deal team to support full transaction execution
- Maintain constant dialogues with internal stakeholders to keep abreast of market intelligence, procedures, policies and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in credit related wholesale clients environment, operating in the trade and commodity finance
- Strong analytical and financial assessment skillset, with experience in assessing complex structured transactions and risk analysis of large corporates, particularly commodity trading companies
- Prior relationship development and credit analysis/trade structuring experience
- Capable in articulating internal queries with clients and maintaining dialogues at senior client level
- Effectively bilingual in both English and Mandarin
- Confident, convincing, creative and proactive with strong entrepreneurial drive to generate enthusiasm for the bank, clients, and the sector at hand
- Mature in dealing with people across a complex organization with different cultures and geographies