2022 Summer Market Intern
CRTM – Summer Intern
Work on the derivative sales desk covering the bank’s corporate clients
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Internship Overview Statement
Rabobank’s internship program is designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship and growth opportunity for Rabobank and collegiate students. This experiential learning opportunity provides practical application and skills development in a professional environment and is aligned with Rabobank’s commitment to recruit top talent in the communities we serve. While employed as a summer intern, students will have the opportunity to prove their ability to learn and demonstrate key skills that will make them successful at Rabobank. To aid in this endeavor, students will be matched with a mentor and provided the necessary professional development opportunities to achieve their goals. The internship will be full time, 10 week, paid program.
- Perform data-oriented and analytical tasks related to market indices, client exposures, calculation of risk parameters, incorporating qualitative and quantitative market factors.
- Good understanding of the structure and behavior of a range of common financial products. Ability to understand the product performance under varying market parameters.
- Understand and perform creative tasks for designing optimal hedges incorporating a set of constraints driven by performance requirements.
- Ability to manipulate and modify flexible and reliable financial models with emphasis on Fixed Income, FX, and Commodities derivatives.
- Create high-quality visuals and data exhibits based on the result of the performed analyses to be used both in the client dialog and also for internal bank use.
- Designing clear and persuasive presentation of professional appearance by adhering to the consistent style guidelines by combining materials coming from various data sources (data feeds, custom pricing tools, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interact proactively with the team members and follow the requirements of the client business matters
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
Culture & Values
- Actively & consistently demonstrate Rabobank cultural practices.
Required Skill Set:
- Hands-on familiarity with producing and processing large data sets
- High proficiency in Excel, VBA programming, including applied statistical methods
- Working knowledge of broader programming skills in general
- Understanding of key financial mathematics concepts is desirable. High level of mastery of the Microsoft Office suite – ability to design and manipulate top-quality PowerPoint presentations is a must
- Demonstrated motivation to learn, broaden the knowledge in the field, build both analytical and financial skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.