Financial Analyst Summer Intern
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers across North America. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is part Rabobank, a global financial services leader offering wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide and one of the world’s largest banks, with over $650 billion in assets. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, protein and specialty crops
Internship Overview Statement
Rabobank’s internship program is designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship and growth opportunity for Rabobank and collegiate students. This experiential learning opportunity provides practical application and skills development in a professional environment and is aligned with Rabobank’s commitment to recruit top talent in the communities we serve. While employed as a summer intern, students will have the opportunity to prove their ability to learn and demonstrate key skills that will make them successful at Rabobank. To aid in this endeavor, students will be matched with a mentor and provided the necessary professional development opportunities to achieve their goals. The internship will be full time, 10 week, paid program concluding with a final project/presentation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Financial Analyst Intern position is responsible to participate in the internship program and required to work 40 hours/week. As a Financial Analyst intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in many of the following:
- Develop an understanding about possible loan structures, credit products and how they are used.
- Direct experience in day-to-day tasks of a Financial Analyst, which includes but not limited to, sourcing of loan documents, creating ticklers and imaging source documents.
- Opportunities to actively participate in team meetings and use RAF technologies, like Skype calls and chats
- Experience with financial spreading and financial statement analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with other areas of the CRT team and participate in rotations within other valuable functions to be exposed to all aspects of managing a client’s portfolio. This includes relationship management, ride-alongs to clients, loan reviews, underwriting, appraisals, among other areas.
- Researching and following up on loan delinquencies.
- Participation in a summer long project where there will be an opportunity to present to leadership and the local team.
- Willingness to travel 10-15% at times.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate Rabobank cultural practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or experience in agriculture, preferred
- Strong written and oral communication and comprehension skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Quick learner who can work well in teams, but also a self-starter who can work individually with minimal supervision.
- Some exposure to short- and long-term agricultural credit and financial spreading, a plus.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Ag Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related major.
- Junior or senior year standing, with targeted graduation dates of December 2022 through Summer 2023.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale required.
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.