Compliance Model Validator
Compliance Model Validator – Data Management Expert
Are you a Data Management expert with an interest in the fast-paced world of KYC models? And can you apply your in-depth knowledge of industry best practices to validate the models made for this domain?
You and your job
As a Compliance Model Validator, you perform oversight on the models that Rabobank uses to protect itself and society against compliance risks such as money laundering, terrorism financing, and breaches of sanctions. As a gatekeeper to the financial system, Rabobank crucially relies on the quality of its models to prevent and detect compliance risks. You will help to independently assess such models and to challenge the decisions taken by their owners and developers.
Fine working relationship
- in the team Compliance Model Validation
- together with 15 direct colleagues
- 36 hours per week
Work and pleasure
‘The things I like the most about my job are the people, the inclusive and supportive corporate culture and the opportunity to grow professionally while protecting the bank from Money Laundering & Terrorism Financing’, Seher Fazlioğlu.
An average working day
Are you curious about what would be on your to-do list on an average working day? For instance, you pro-actively advise and challenge the business in their efforts to minimize the risk of errors relating to data in the design, implementation and use of models. These models are developed using techniques varying from business rules to machine learning components. You provide independent opinion on the risks associated with the usage of model in accordance with internal and external requirements. This involves taking the lead on second-line analyses on topics such as data lineage and data quality, model methodology, model performance and its implementation, discussing these with your colleagues, and summarizing your conclusions in a formal opinion. You engage developers and managers in the first line of responsibility across the globe to challenge their approach and provide recommendations on resolving identified weaknesses.
Together we achieve more together than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Compliance Model Validation.
‘Working in this diverse, smart and ambitious team with a common mission to help protect the bank, the financial system and, by extension, society at large against financial crime gives me tremendous energy.’
Willem van Willigen, Compliance Model Validator.
Your future colleagues are looking forward to working with you. They will be glad of your help to challenge and advise our first-line colleagues on their models. Working together is the way we work; as 1 caring Rabobank team. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,500,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- You are self-starter that enjoys solving complex problems cooperatively.
- You can explain and defend your point of view in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any academic field;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the financial sector through roles such as Model Validator, IT Auditor, IT Risk manager or Operational Risk Manager, either within financial institutions or consultancy firms.
- You are keen to stay up-to-date in your field. Professional certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), and certifications of the Data Management Association are a plus.
This is what we offer you
- from € 4.500,00 up to € 6.400,00 gross per month (scale 10)
- a hybrid work environment, in which you are free to work from home or the office as you see fit, while meeting with the team in-person on a bi-weekly basis;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (depending on function group). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions, or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career; flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Compliance Model Validator based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Still not sure? Are you a bit nervous about applying for a job? There's no need to be. We'll be happy to receive your application for this vacancy for Compliance Model Validator at Rabobank by 1 August 2022.
If you'd like to ask more some questions about the job first, please contact
Jeroen Goudsmit, Manager Compliance Model Validation, via Jeroen.Goudsmit@rabobank.nl or +31 615 18 28 96.
If you have any questions about working at Rabobank and the process, then please contact Theo Degen, Corporate Recruiter, via Theo.Degen@rabobank.nl.
The information below may also be useful for you:
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/nl/veelgestelde-vragen.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.