Analytics Model Risk Specialist
That you are working at the Analytics Competence Centre (ACC) which supports all domains in accelerating, scaling and unlocking the real value of analytics within their business. Furthermore, ACC will focus on bringing the analytics maturity within Rabobank to the next level. ACC is committed to creating an analytics vision and strategy that allows the use of the full potential of our portfolio (>75 million euros in extra structural revenue or less costs), accelerating and improving product development by the design and roll-out of one way of working for analytics and data & analytics literacy, delivering a Lab platform capability which will be the foundation for data science and analyst teams throughout Rabobank to use and delivering an Model Risk Management procedure specific for DTO.
Making a difference
As a Junior/Medior/Senior Risk Model Specialist (depending on experience), you are a sparring partner for your team, stakeholders and the business in translating advanced algorithms into live, robust and easily accessible analytics models for tribe Data & Analytics.
As Area ACC we support a wide variety of subjects, being:
- Developing a companywide data & analytics strategy
- Developing Target Operating Model and implementation of Simplify@Scale way of working
- Setting up Portfolio Management for the Analytics portfolio of the tribe Data & Analytics
- Realizing a bank wide Analytics Standards & Way of Working
- Realizing a bank wide Data & Analytics Literacy & Education Program
- Delivering a platform capability which is the foundation for data science and analyst teams in the bank
- Developing and implementing a Model Risk Management procedure for DTO
Working in the end to end model development cycle and the Model Risk Management procedure for DTO, your activities would include (for example):
- working with your consulting colleagues to ensure model and data requirements required for model implementation are captured and aligned with model documentation and model prototype;
- implementing models within the end to end process chains from focusing on model discovery and model inventory
- reviewing, updating and providing advice on model implementation documents,
- conducting usual model life cycle activities such as models reviews and monitoring,
- proactively developing self and others to sustain model risk knowledge growth and optimize way of working across activities in tribe Data & Analytics.
Rik, Analytics Consultant ACC: "Working for the Analytics Competence Centre gives you a broad overview of the analytics activities within Rabobank. This means that you can develop your knowledge of analytics, but also develop yourself personally and professionally in a broader setting. This combination was exactly what I was looking for when I joined."
Corence, Area Lead ACC: “The ACC has a broad responsibility in the bank which makes you can have a big impact on the changes taking place.”
With your talent
Willingness to take ownership, independent working and being a great collaborator, innovative and thirst to learn and grow are part of your DNA. In addition, it's important that you recognize yourself in the checklist below:
- MSc or PhD degree in quantitative domain or related topic (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Quant Finance),
- a minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis, risk analytics, risk modelling or similar role,
- working knowledge of risk management (Credit risk, ALM risk, Market risk or similar) and familiarity with risk models such as PD, LGD, EAD, Securitization, NPV, VaR…
- working knowledge of data management, model implementation and/or IT processes,
- general knowledge of model life cycles,
- proactive self-starter, ability to learn quickly and to take initiative,
- analytical ability to synthesize information and summarize issues,
- a drive for excellence with a constant desire to challenge the status quo to drive operational excellence,
- good command of English, both speaking and writing,
- good stakeholder management,
- good business acumen,
- familiarity with programming languages such as Python would be advantageous,
- willing to work in agile environment
Growing a better world together
You might already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a Better World Together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to further your career as a Model Risk Specialist? We would love to help you achieve this goal by focusing firmly on your growth and development. We invest in an environment where you keep learning every day. Our professionals will be there to share their valuable knowledge with you. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to help you grow and excel as a professional. Based on a 36-hour working week, you can also expect:
- A gross annual salary scale 8- 10 depending on your experience and seniority;
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (9 or 10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- Fixed work location Utrecht, Netherlands, but location-independent working for lesser part of the week;
- Flexible working times
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? In that case we have a commuting allowance;
- Personal contributions to a pension scheme of only 3.5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Model Specialist and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
- Respond via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!