Analyst - Wholesale Banking
Rabobank Antwerp is part of the cooperative bank Rabobank Group, a global financial services provider active in wholesale, rural and retail banking services in 38 countries worldwide.
Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over € 600 billion in assets Our Antwerp office services our Belgian Wholesale clients across the Food & Agricultural sectors and corporates involved in the Energy Transition.
…. being part of an energetic & entrepreneurial team with a strong growth agenda. A team where you can make a difference and play an important role in Rabobank’s corporate & investment banking efforts for the Belgian market..
Grow and mature as a professional by working closely with the Senior Relationship Banker to, among other, identify opportunities in the Belgian market and work on challenging projects and complex transactions ranging from large corporate and cross border financings to M&A and capital markets solutions..
Your focus will be on supporting our corporate relationship business as well as the origination process, including tasks such as: synthesizing information, identifying opportunities, preparing relevant information, presentations and pitches.
Making a difference by…
- Providing analytical, tactical, and administrative support to the Senior Relationship Banker and Credit Analysts as part of the general management of a portfolio of clients and prospective clients.
- Supporting the team by helping us provide excellent service to our clients at all times and addressing their needs and requests.
- Supporting the team in further developing a diverse portfolio of corporate clients in the Food & Agri sectors.
- Building up a new portfolio of clients that are active in the Energy Transition in close co-operation with our Corporate & Investment banking teams at our head office in the Netherlands.
- Applying your innovation skills & out-of-the-box thinking to be part of the sustainable transformation of the Food & Agri and Energy Transition sectors.
- Focus with the team on originating client focused efforts & assist the Senior Relationship Banker in screening the market for potential new clients
- Synthesizing information for our Food & Agri and Energy Transition clients (including its markets, products and competitors) and relevant transactions
- Prepare briefings and presentations for client meetings or pitches, join client meetings and provide follow-up support
- Ensure the necessary post-meeting follow-up on agreed actions take place
- Analysing customer’s needs to develop pro-active solutions
- Understanding the key topics for our clients’ decision-makers, identify their challenges and convert those into opportunities for the bank
- Maintaining contacts with all stakeholders, which may require (international) travel
With each other…
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. You will be part of the dynamic, driven and international team based in Antwerp & working closely together with the product and sector teams in our headquarters Utrecht or our other 10 branches in Europe and Africa. Together with the Senior Relationship Banker you are a hands-on & flexible team to ensure a strong relationship with our clients.
Customer focus, problem solving skills & eagerness to learn are essential for this role. You are a good communicator, relationship builder and a team player with a strong customer focus, intrinsic drive, result oriented and entrepreneurial spirit.
It's exactly these characteristics that make you an Analyst with high potential, particularly in combination with:
- Master’s degree, preferably in finance, economics or law
- Ideally a minimum previous experience of 2-4 years with an international bank with either client coverage, lending or relevant product.
- However, we are also open to starters with 0-2 years of experience who, with the right motivation and mindset, are prepared to develop their skills at a fast pace.
- You are a real team player, eager to learn from experienced team members and have a hands-on mentality
- Creative and complex problem solver
- Good credit skills for analysing financial information, with good understanding of lending products and familiar with legal aspects and loan documentation.
- A good product/market knowledge base (access to clients, prospects and their decision makers) of our focus sectors whereby knowledge/interest of the Belgian Food & Agri and Energy sector is an advantage
- A positive & curious attitude, strong interpersonal skills & high work ethics are essential
- Used to work or the strong desire to work in an international and dynamic environment
- Good verbal and written communication in Dutch, French & English
- Resilient under pressure
Growing a better world together
How can we strengthen and future-proof our shared living environment so that people can make choices about what’s important to them, now and in the future? That’s where our mission “Growing a better world together” comes in. We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We're investing over 4 billion Euros in sustainable power generation, so that future generations can live in a cleaner world, as one of the world’s leading financiers of renewables;
- Contributing to the Wholesale Strategy of Leadership in the biggest Transitions of this time – Energy and Food and supporting our clients to make a durable contribution;
- Empower our people to contribute to their local communities or give means to our cooperative identity in any other way;
- We are the #2 global sustainable bank according to Sustainalytics.
We believe that close connections between government, society, and business are essential to addressing societal issues together.
Do you want to make a difference and eager to learn by being hands-on? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you space to innovate in a high flexible working environment. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore never stop growing as a professional.
In addition, with us you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and independent role where we value your personality. care about your growth and can make a difference.
- Opportunities for further development by being part of a European community of bankers with possibilities across our international network should you want to.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an Analyst and make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for our vacancy in Antwerp.