Operations Control Officer
You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the whole ‘Operations Control’ chain to help ensure Operational Excellence for Operations Wholesale and Rural (WR). You do so by continuous improvement of the Service and Support of the wide range of reconciliations. You identify and realize improvements in processes and not only look at the processes of Operations Control and Services, but you are active in the entire chain, from the local bank to the Tribe. you can make a difference by supporting the operational teams to improve and to take an extra step to deliver excellent customer service every day through LEAN.
Making a difference
- Mapping out which steps, you, your colleagues and our stakeholders must take to get from the existing situation to the desired situation.
- Proactively provide insight into improvements in the operational chain and take the lead in putting them on the agenda of the change calendar within the chain.
- The actual design and development of the processes, work instructions, training, courses and other change facets.
- Analyzing the risks (in both the happy and the non-happy flow) and setting up the right measures.
- Implement the change within the set deadline and ensure that the implementation lands with high quality.
- Contribute and think along about the methods and techniques that are used in your own team in order to improve the performance of the entire Process. Dare to experiment with new ideas and improvements that help our team and our department.
With each other
Operations Control & Services is responsible for overseeing timely and correct booking and settlement of Financial Markets and Corporate Banking Services transactions. We execute a wide range of reconciliations for the Rabobank Group worldwide and investigate the root causes of differences stemming from these reconciliations. The department has a well-established and strong position within Operations WR.
The department focuses on managing a highly efficient process flow whilst managing and minimizing operational risks delivering excellent service to our clients
Customer focus, collaboration, the ability to solve complex problems, influencing and inspiring are essential for this position. In addition, you are an expert in organizing and monitoring. It is also important that you recognize yourself in the checklist below:
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a changing operational environment
- Experience in analyzing, designing and implementing processes and experience in initiating and implementing changes
- Extensive experience with agile working methods
- Execution power under high pressure
- Knowledge of the Risk and Control Framework
- Fast learner, ability to master new topics easily
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, flexible with work tasks and good in time management, takes responsibility, accountability and a hands-on mindset
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills and excellent customer focus; we are client driven and action oriented – I go the extra mile for my clients
- Excellent knowledge of Power BI/ Flow/ SharePoint/ Teams and excellent Excel skills / SQL / Macro
- You are an expert in process thinking, but do not sing away from strongly substantive topics.
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission?
- “We never stop thinking about the future. We're investing 3.8 billion Euros in sustainable electricity generation, so that future generations can live in a cleaner world.”
- “Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we're helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.”
- “Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.”
- “With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
- Salary scale 7; a salary between €2.792,08 and €3.987,51 (36 hrs);
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget of 9% of your gross monthly salary. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an Operations Control Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht (36 hours).
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Lisette Rotteveel, Lisette.Rotteveel@rabobank.com or 0031-307121692 or Serap Selim-Gurbuz, Serap.Selim-Gurbuz@rabobank.com or 0031- 307121689.
- Moniek Peeters, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Moniek.Peeters@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!