Technical Lead Cloud Integrations
You are working for the Integration department and are responsible for the technical solutions of millions of API-calls, data transformations and file-transfers per week. You, as Technical Lead Cloud Integrations (API, iPaaS, Azure & AWS), are responsible for the quality of the technical solutions within our Cloud teams. Together with the Solution Architect you provide your Product Owner with input that supports the business needs. Taking into account the platform robustness and stability.
The Integration Area within Rabobank is responsible for Integration platform solutions (API, Events, IPaaS, File Transfer and Messaging) available for all DevOps teams worldwide. We provide cloud and on-premises Integration solutions and have the responsibility to make sure others follow our community guidelines and quality standards.
We are taking the next step in our Agile maturity. We are already T-shaped. Now, we are adding the role of Technical Lead to the DevOps teams.
You will be a part of Integration – a very diverse and inclusive team - within the Tribe Digital Customer Processes. You will be working together with a diverse group of people, from all nationalities (or original roots): The Netherlands, Colombia, United Kingdom, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Poland, Greece, Afghanistan and Hong Kong.
IT a man's world? Not in Integration, you will have 20 female colleagues!
About the Technical Lead role…
The goal is to increase the team autonomy of the Cloud teams Koala, KingKong, HiPpo, Panda & Panther. Therefore, together with the other Technical Lead Cloud Integration both of, you act across all 5 Cloud teams. You do so by being their point of contact to validate technical implementations and be their sparring partner. With the Solution Architect and Product Owner you are involved in the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of technical implementations in the teams. Thus, you seek to reduce the maintenance effort and support investing in automation (incl. AI) as well future technologies.
You are, together with the Solution Architect, involved in mid-term improvement solutions such as building new API gateways in different environments or migrating towards a new platform. Whereas the Solution Architect approaches this from long-term vision and end state perspective at application level, you are in the lead of defining the required technical standards and do an abstract refinement at epic level. You assure the operational activities are supporting the strategical vision.
You will work together with the Solution Architect of API & iPaaS up close to assure the operational activities are supportive to the strategical vision. Organizing and leading Chapter and Guild events will be one of your responsibilities. Stakeholder management wise you frequently align with: IT Lead, Solution Architect, Business Architect, Product Owner, Area Lead, other Technical Leads inside and outside our own Area and users.
Make a difference…
- You are organizing and leading chapter and/or guild meetings;
- You are proactively steering on a Technical Debt. Therefore, you do initiate improvements that will increase the robustness, scalability and rock-solid foundation.
- You define standards and guidelines and create documentation for this so team members can use this as quick reference. You also share this and evolve everyone with(in) the Guild.
- You are in the lead to refine (potential) milestones at abstract epic level to help the Product Owner understand the estimated effort and complexity of (a potential) roadmap feature(s). Contribution towards our Area’s agility, predictability and maturity.
- At team level you are involved in the more complex milestones in terms of helping the team in assuring they adhere to the standards and guidelines to minimize the product footprint.
- In order to support a low level of Technical Debt you assure Root Causes of incidents are always known. Always will you assure that whereas bug fixing took place a structural fix will be added to the team’s backlog as part of the problem management process.
- In case of major incidents occurring you are helping the teams with your (hand-on) experience; you do so by coordinating internally as well helping out technically yourself.
- You mentor more junior members within the teams.
- You support the teams in the next level of Do It Yourself by stimulating them to generate and maintain API & iPaaS content at as well automation through the IntegrationDesk. While doing so, you aim to raise priority by the Product Owner to reduce the number of questions that flow in on daily basis towards the Contact person of the Day or Week.
- You proactively help your team grow in their own Agile way of working and team autonomy. You do so by addressing improvements and providing feedback so we continuously GROW.
- You are a proven track-record in the field of API and iPaaS solutions.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as Integration Engineer, preferably a majority of that in a senior role.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a larger complex matrix organisation.
- You have worked with AWS and Azure cloud native implementations yourself
- Experience in a Lead role is preferred.
- You have understanding of Agile and ITIL.
- You have knowledge of Linux, WebLogic, batching and scripting.
- You have active configuration management knowledge like Ansible and Git.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering.
- One of the following:
- You are familiar with concepts such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), chatbots and Internet of Things (IoT) and how they work; so you are excited and dare to be one of our first employees to experiment with these new technologies in our Integration Area.
- You have knowledge of and experience with test automation.
Not required but certainly helpful is:
- You are familiar with migration projects on Cloud? That’s even better.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36 or 40-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary in scale 10 depending on your working experience;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget of 11% of your monthly salary. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a working from home allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3.5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Frank Simons, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
- When applying for the position, do not forget to include a MOTIVATION LETTER stating your motivation for the position.