Strategic IT Risk Manager
Imagine being able to secure banking for every customer of the Rabobank. As a Strategic IT Risk Manager you are the go to person for our strategic stakeholder in case of advice on and execution of the risk management processes like Business Continuity Management, Information Security, IT Risk, Identity Access Management and overall operational risk awareness. As a strategic partner you provide the right signals and insights to our strategic stakeholders. So the stakeholder is able to make a well balanced decision within the risk management boundaries and risk appetite.
Making a difference
- The strategic go to person for the MT CITO managers on integrated risk management, with the goal of becoming and staying in control of their risks
- Delivering the right signals and insights on the risk & control areas
- Guiding & execution of the implementation of new policies and risk frameworks
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our First Line Monitoring Centre (FLMC) team brings talented people together to support and challenge the organisation on becoming and staying in control aligned with our mission ‘Driving secure banking together’. With you as a one of our Risk Managers, the team will consist of different colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Risk Manager: “As a Risk Manager, within the team, I provide me with the right tactical and operational signals and insights for our strategic stakeholders. The stakeholder is able to make a well balance decision within the risk management boundaries.”
Risk Professional: “ As a Risk Professional, within the team, I support the Risk Manager and Business Partner to manage the full risk cycle on a qualitatively manner.”
Delivery Manager: “As a Delivery Manager and HR facilitator, I facilitate the Risk Manager and Risk Professional, to grow individually and as a team. Achieving one way of working towards operational excellence and to achieve our common FLMC goals”.
Customer focus, collaboration, deliver results mind-set and persuasiveness (story telling) are clearly essential for the role of Strategic IT Risk Manager. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- 10-15 years’ experience in Risk management
- Experience with complex (international) stakeholder management
- Senior knowledge in Business Continuity Management, Information (Cyber) Security, IT Risk, Outsourcing (Cloud) risk and Identity Access Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (mandatory) and Dutch (highly preferred)
- Resilient and solution oriented
- Analytics and inquisitive mind-set
FLR and FLMC
The Mission of FLR is “Driving Secure Banking Together”. FLR drives the organization to be demonstrably in control of their risks in order to be secure and is responsible for the First Line of Defence and Monitoring for whole CITO domain which includes assessing and implementing applicable Laws and Regulations as received from the CLR domain (Second Line of Defence) and translating these to clear and actionable Standards, Controls and Procedures. It is the ambition of FLR to be THE collaboration partner with the integrated view, knowledge and expertise, acting as liaison to Rabobank Business and external partners on risk and security, supported by flexible reporting capabilities.
Within the team First Line Monitoring Center (FLMC) we will drive the bank to be secure on different topics, like Business Continuity Management, Information Security, IT Risk, Identity Access Management and overall Risk awareness. We have the ambition to make sure risk management is as easy and clear as it can be. Together with the Centres of Expertise we are able to solve every risk case.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Educate young people on Cyber Security with our participation in the Hackshield game
- Thrive for diversity and inclusion by hiring talent from all different cultures
- Play a leading role in handling the COVID-19 crisis for Rabobank
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €4.382,24 and €7.533,10 based 36 hours on function level 10 or 11, based on your experience.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
- flexible working times and location-independent working
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Business partner and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht
Good to know
- Richard Gerestein , sr IT Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Additional: More details about the role
- The FLMC Business Partner is the single point of contact for the local strategic stakeholders of FLR and is supporting, influencing and challenging them to become and stay demonstrable ‘in control’ of their risks, realizing ‘Driving secure banking’. Being the sparring partner of senior management
- (Pro)Actively build and maintain an effective, collaborative and engaged relationship with the appropriate stakeholders with an eye for political sensitive situations
- Actively creating a broad in-/external network of important (strategic) stakeholders
- Clearly and positively representing the goals and role of FLR, giving clear guidance (advice, support, challenge) as THE risk partner within 1LoD
- Propagating a risk mind-set with the right amount of customer focus;
- Clearly and positively representing FLR
Execution of FLM and related topics
- Performing the risk management cycle in a consistent, qualitative, timely, correct and complete manner according to the (RCF) FLM way of working (prepare, execute, validate);
- Analysing and judging the appropriate data to a weighed judgement and proposal, reporting/presenting the status in a data driven manner matching the format of the designated receiver
- Pursuing an (international) ‘uniform’ FLM way of working, following the ‘First time right principle’
- Together with FLMC management, give structure and guidance to the FLR domain team (each aware and in respect of their own role), for the BP from a functional and content perspective and feeding the feedback loop towards the Delivery Managers
- Pursue and stimulate a collaborative way of working and alignment within and outside FLMC/FLR
- Is capable of handling complex and multidisciplinary questions on the diverse risk management areas
- Actively initiating and pursuing innovative improvements on a FLMC and FLR level
- Lead by example in challenging his-/herself, stimulating others (the team) to do the same, becoming self-organizing within the given boundaries (‘freedom within a frame’)
- Open to give and receive feedback within a growth mind-set
- Motivating the FLR domain team (and others) by clear communication (storytelling) and collaboration
- Representing FLMC (FLR) in a positive and professional manner
Learning & development
- Becoming M-shape (CRISC, CISM,..), a senior professional and acknowledged risk management expert
- Actively transferring knowledge, stimulating and coaching others to develop their risk management level and judgement (e.g. give training)
- Participating and leading/coordinating the realization of (improvement) initiatives or (small) projects within FLMC, across FLR departments or even beyond