Solution Architect AWS
Solution Architect AWS
That smile on the face of our customer who has just received the key to their new home. You can make a difference as a Solution Architect and contribute to this. Certainly because, as a Solution Architect, you contribute to the cloud journey of the bank and are the driving force behind finding cloud solutions for all challenges of the DevOps teams during their Cloud journey.
Rabobank is in the process of transforming into a modern software development organisation, using the scale and innovation benefits offered by public cloud services. This transition requires entrepreneurship, knowledge, an open attitude, and cultural change within the organisation. You create impact with your result driven attitude and keep your eye on the big picture to achieve results.
As a Solution Architect within the Cloud Competence Center, you can drive this change by:
- Designing and maintaining complex cloud solution patterns for AWS that are secure by design
- Supporting the implementation of the design principles and detailed architecture in usable cloud solutions
- Reviewing application deployments based on the Well-Architected Framework
- Translating concepts to detailed technical solutions for Cloud Engineers and the necessary decision documents for management
- Initiating and formulating new concepts, policies and design principles
- Organising and facilitating design discussions with Solution Architects of the Application DevOps teams
- Guiding others in the right direction regardless of resistance and opposition
- Solving impediments for a continuous improving cloud journey
- Helping and supporting DevOps teams with deep-dive cloud questions
- Document and maintain detailed designs (e.g. network connectivity challenges)
- Working together closely with other Solution Architects, Product Owners and Cloud Engineers
With each other
Working together is the way we work. Our team at the Cloud Competence Center joins forces to make all software and automation processes faster, more agile, and more secure.
This team is in the lead of our global Cloud Transformation. One of the goals of this team is to double the speed of development. They do this by staying focused and always being ahead of the facts.
With you as a Solution Architect, the counter of the team stands at over 40 eager colleagues including:
Menno, Cloud Engineer: ‘It is incredibly inspiring to be involved in such a fundamental change in the Rabobank IT landscape. We have a huge responsibility to make Public Cloud work within Rabobank and a challenge to lay the foundation for the Rabobank IT of the future'.
With your talents
It is logical that customer orientation, enthusiasm and an unstoppable hunger for new knowledge are indispensable for this function. In addition, it is important that you recognise everything on the checklist below:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant direction (ICT)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a (Cloud) Solution Architect
- Minimum of 2 AWS certifications including AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Broad experience with working in large organizations on complex technological landscapes
- Substantive knowledge when it comes to Cloud technologies & Cloud design patterns
- Good understanding of Cloud Governance (e.g. AWS Organizations, policies & controls)
- Knowledge and experience in migrating applications from On premise datacentres to public Cloud environments
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud native development
- Knowledge and experience with Networking (e.g. DNS, NSG’s/SG’s, Virtual networks, integration with Cloud/On premise)
- In depth knowledge of and experience with AWS services (e.g. Serverless, Databases, Storage, EKS)
- Experience with at least one of the following (programming) languages: Bash, Python, PowerShell, C# or ASP.NET Core, SQL
- Experience with Azure DevOps practices, Git and Yaml pipelines
- Good understanding of IAM (e.g. IAM roles/users, RBAC, AWS DS/ADFS, MFA)
- Good understanding of Security/secrets management (e.g. PKI, certificates, KMS)
- Good understanding of Logging/monitoring (e.g. CloudTrail, alerting, Security Hub)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Agile Way of Working (Scrum & Kanban)
- Good communication skills
- Good English proficiency (both oral and written)
Growing a better world together
You probably already knew that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. Are you also aware that we are working together to create a better world? We do this in 101 ways:
Every year, we invest heavily in the life of Dutch associations. We support some 1,250 organisations in sports and culture that are a second home for many people.
In a project with Humanitas we help people who have financial problems to get their home administration in order.
Together with the Dutch Council for Refugees, we help 1,500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Become the best version of yourself? We are happy to help you by focusing on your development and by investing in an environment in which you will learn continuously. We give you the space to innovate and do business. We offer you plenty of opportunities for growth and will help you to exceed your expectations and to do the right thing extraordinarily well, so that you can grow as a professional. On top of that, you can also count on us (based on a 36 hours):
- a gross monthly salary of between € 4492,- and € 6417,- (function group 10);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly income). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- flexibility in working hours and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting if you travel with public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance;
- a pension scheme to which you contribute only 3,5%.
Are you him/her? Our new colleague who wants to strengthen Rabobank as a Cloud Engineer and thus make a difference for yourself, our customers and society? We would like to receive your application for this vacancy in Zeist.
Good to know
- You can apply until we've found the best matching candidate. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the content of the vacancy, you can ask Simon van den Doel, Lead Solution Architect, via Simon.van.den.Doel@rabobank.nl.
- Richard Gerestein (Recruiter) would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!