BI Developer / Software Engineer
Imagine… that as a BI Developer / Software Engineer you are responsible for building and maintaining one of the largest data warehouses of the Rabobank, namely the Group Risk Finance Data Platform (GRFD). This data warehouse contains all financial and financial risk data of the entire Rabobank Group. The data warehouse will be expanded in the coming years due to the increasing amount of required reporting functions and increasing amount of data sources needed for reporting. The system is of strategic importance for the Rabobank for internal and external reporting purposes, especially reporting to regulators.
As a BI Developer / Software Engineer you can make a difference;
We work together at the Rabobank. GRFD is part of the delivery cluster Data Structural which is part of the IT Systems Risk, Finance and Compliance domain. GRFD is part of a larger program which relies on the GRFD team members to build a future looking data logistic and reporting landscape for Risk & Finance. The program has as its goal to provide all Group financial and financial risk reports for internal and external customers, especially for regulators.
This data warehouse uses the SAP HANA platform and Informatica applications, including PowerCenter for the ETL functionalities. The various architectural data layers are based on the DataVault technique and dimensional modeling, derived from a central group-wide logical data model. De new GRFD data logistics are being implemented to standardise and improve the quality of the various required reports and to be able to respond more quickly to internal requirements and those of the regulators. Within the Data Structural cluster we work together in several multinational teams organised in three so-called business stacks, an overarching data management & logistics track and a team which support IT4IT solutions.
As part of a software engineer team you are responsible for all build, test and operation activities of your track within the data warehouse, Finance, ALM or Credit. The development of a good data warehouse requires working together as part of a delivery chain with the business, architecture and IT. In our data warehouse there are a number of disciplines involved such as business change managers, product owners, scrum masters, business analysts, software/devops engineers, architects and data stewards. Working closely with these specialists you will take solutions to a higher level.
Making a difference
• You enjoy working on a broad spectrum of challenges and solving complex
• quickly changing gears from technical to functional aspects and then back again
• You like playing more than one game at once;
• guiding Scrum team colleagues on technical topics is your style;
• working within one of the most strategic programs within the Bank attracts you.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our team brings talented people together to bring the best support an solutions for our clients. With you as Software Engineer the team will consist of 130+ colleagues in a variety of roles.
integrity, inquisitiveness, commitment and respect are clearly essential for the role of Software Engineer. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
• Minimum of a HBO work and thought level;
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a software engineer in a BI/data warehouse environment
• Experience in the financial sector, with main focus in the banking sector
• Knowledge and experience of ETL development methods and best practices, specifically related to the Informatica suite of applications as well as experience in BI related test methodologies
• Experience with data modeling techniques (Data Vault, dimensional, relational) and their implementation in various databases
• Proven SQL knowledge, experience with SAP HANA is desirable
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment including the use of GIT. Experience with SAP Hana XSA and/or Cross Vista is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience of working in Agile/Scrum projects
• Excellent communication skills
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• Yearly we invest heavily in the Dutch voluntary sector. We support 1250 organisations for sports and culture, which are a second home for many people.
• In a project with Humanitas we help people with financial problems, struggling to organise their home finances.
• Together with Refugee Work Netherlands we help 1.500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, you can also expect:
• a 36 hour workweek
• a gross monthly salary between €3.148,16 and €5.200,05
• a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
• an Employee Benefit Budget (8, to 10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
• 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
• a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Software Engineer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in .
Good to know:
• Applications are open until the vacancies for this role are filled. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
• If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Nick van Spingelen or Edwin Silverman via Nick.van.Spingelen@rabobank.nl or Edwin.email@example.com
• Dino Dzankovic, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org
• The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
• The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
• Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!