Senior Loan Specialist
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $900 billion in assets and operations in 45 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, livestock and specialty crops.
The Senior Loan Specialist is responsible for working with other Senior Loan Specialists and VP Manager Loan Servicing, to ensure continuity of daily departmental workflow & processing in the Loan Servicing Department, with specific responsibility and supervision of staff in the areas of payment application/receipts (Direct Lending and Vendor Finance), payoff and prepayment requests processing and work package QC review as well as secondary responsibility for the other daily functions of the department.
Responsible for working directly with the Product Managers and Project Management staff in regard to 3rd Party vendors for AFS and NLS as a subject matter expert.
Context of Job:
RAF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Utrecht America Holdings (“UAH”). This supervisory position is responsible for the department’s goal of a smooth and accurate process in the Accounting operation for Rabo AgriFinance LLC, the rural lending arm of Rabobank in the US. RAF is regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, as a subsidiary of a Bank Holding Company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Coaches and leads staff in areas of loan payment application, payoff and prepayment fee calculations, new & servicing action work package QC and processing and directing activities associated with Syndications/Participations, including member bank activity.
- Work as the subject matter expert for the two 3rd party loan systems. Principally responsible for the development, testing and implementation of new and revised system functionality. Primary point of contact with other departments, in regard to existing and new processes.
- Ensure that system documentation and procedures are complete in regard to areas under supervision and oversight of CDR for department.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects. Lead the team in executing an implementation plan and assist with change management effort.
- Ensure that staff complete all assigned areas of responsibilities in timely manner, typically on a daily cycle basis.
- Cross training of Loan Specialists under direct supervision and within the department who are responsible for secondary and backup roles to ensure that those functions may be performed accurately in case of absence of the employee.
- Serve as the department resource for compliance with End User Computing policy.
- Responsible for annual Information Return and Interest Paid reporting for Direct Lending and Vendor finance, including annual electronic filing with the IRS as appropriate.
- Provide BCP/BIA support in situations where the department is operating under those circumstances.
- Represent department to management and legal in regard to complex credits as they relate to the loan systems or assign appropriate capable department staff as needed.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups within the company.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience working with banking core system vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year university or college.
- 2-5 years of related experience in loan servicing or commercial or agricultural lending.
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience preferred.
- Familiarity with financial services audit and regulatory standards.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with process design, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and/or Lean Delivery
- Experience with Syndication or Participation loans.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo AgriFinance offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development, and ambition. The employment benefits are excellent.
Please apply via the website by clicking the "Apply now" button.