Risk Manager Asset & Liability Management
That you get the opportunity to put your Risk Management skills to work at the very core of Rabobank’s business, namely the asset-liability management (ALM) department of the bank! Would you like to set the standards for liquidity risk management within Rabobank? And are you interested in ALM topics like interest rate risk management? Do you like the challenge of aligning stakeholders across the bank? Are you able to put complex content into the broader perspective? You may be the right person for our team!
Making a difference
- You will be working in the team responsible for the ALM risk second-line function, covering, among others, policies & limit framework, advisory and opinion of Treasury initiatives, analysing and embedding regulatory and internally driven change.
- You will be working with a broad range of (international) stakeholders, including Group ALM risk colleagues and Rabobank Treasury as well as Finance & Control, other Risk Management areas, commercial business, (international) subsidiaries, RMCs, ALCOs and the Joint Supervisory Teams of regulators (including ECB).
- You will be able to put your knowledge into practice in the various projects running to improve the bank’s ALM framework.
With each other
Collaboration is our second nature: we need true team players who communicate effectively and like to work with diverse and demanding stakeholders. In addition to Treasury, you will work with Finance & Control, other Risk Management areas, commercial business, (international) subsidiaries, Risk Management Committee, Asset Liability Committee, the Joint Supervisory Teams, etc.
Roger van Hooren, ALM Risk Manager: “Working within the ALM risk team means you get the opportunity to create and uphold ALM policies and standards on a group level and be directly involved in the ALM Risk Governance of the bank".
Dorien Bakker, ALM Risk Manager: “My colleagues are the best part of my work. They are very knowledgeable and always there to help you further when needed”.
For the role of Risk Manager essential attributes include customer focus, being a team player, strong communication skills, and eagerness to learn. In addition, it's important that you recognise the checklist below:
- You have a Master in Finance, Economics, or other relevant fields;
- You have at least three years of relevant working experience in treasury or risk management;
- You have a deep understanding of a bank’s balance sheet and products.
- Specific working experience in the field of ALM is preferred;
- You take initiative and you are able to work independently;
- You are able to translate quantitative analysis into practical solutions.
- You have project management skills that help you to take responsibility and deliver what you promise.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 7 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the funds we lend and the mortgages we provide are well within acceptable risk levels.
- Working towards a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to thrive. Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank’s position.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross yearly salary between €44.124 and €75.120;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or (motor)bike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a ALM Risk Manager and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Jerrol Spier, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Jerrol.Spier@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!