Develop, deploy and maintain new data engineering features for over 350 active engineers. Support over 100 engineering teams with their cloud journey through radical automation.
Leveraging your passion for data in supporting Rabobank’s data driven ambitions. To support all business initiatives with a need for data (structured and unstructured, high volume and/or streaming), Rabobank is implementing an Enterprise Data Lake platform in the cloud. One of the key characteristics is the vision to create a well-governed data marketplace on enterprise level. As an Azure DevOps Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for building and running the Apache Airflow scheduling and orchestration tool and its supporting components like, GitSync, the Windmill API and the notification app.
You and your job
Are you skilled at Python? Are you driven to optimize and automate business processes? And do you have the skills to deploy your solutions to the cloud? As a Python Engineer in our DevOps team, you'll be responsible for building new applications that support
- Run, maintain and extend the Apache Airflow application on Kubernetes
- Build new features for data engineers to use. Examples include: building new workflow sensors, building interfaces with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse and Azure Databricks.
- Create Python based applications that automate business processes. Examples include: REST API (Python, FastApi) for creating new user accounts. Azure Function that sends e-mails through Microsoft Graph API, event driven Azure Function for code synchronisation between git repository and a target application.
- Implement everything you do using a CI/CD pipeline which includes static code analysis, static security tests and automated unit and integration tests.
- Monitor and run your own applications together with your team in a true DevOps fashion.
- Use Kubernetes Service in Azure infrastructure
- Develop new functionality & features
- Provide operational support to the users
Facts & Figures
- 36/40 hours per week
- Support data consumers teams (36 at this moment and growing rapidly)
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
Top 3 responsibilities
- Manage the application in the Azure environment using Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Functions, Azure WebApp and Azure PostgreSQL
- Maintain and support Apache Airflow in the Azure framework
- Develop new features using Python
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at EDL Airflow
Our team is a tight knit group of ambitious people. Eager to learn and perfectionistic when it comes to developing and maintaining solutions.
Jeroen Braak, Scrum Master.
The six people in our team work together to develop and maintain Apache Airflow application for all engineers working on the data lake. Working together is the way we work; as a single, effective team at Rabobank.
Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9.5 mln customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- Programming language Python (object oriented)
- Kubernetes experience, either as a developer or system administrator
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps, Azure CLI and/or PowerShell
- Eye for details
- Agile mindset
- Work well in a team as individual
Salary & Benefits
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 9; Between € 4.000 and €6.000 based on a 40hrs working week.
- A guarantee (13) thirteenth month and holiday pay (8%);
- An Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- €40 Net internet allowance
- Working from home allowance
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank and make a difference to yourself, our customers and the society? We look forward receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht. (Hybrid) #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Remote
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy. Cv’s sent directly to my e-mail or via LinkedIn messages will be delete it according to GDPR guidelines.
- Senior Recruiter Jonathan Moreno Gonzalez: Jonathan.Moreno.Gonzalez@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!