Legal Counsel Rabobank
Imagine you provide the bank with clear and practical legal advice, so that we can help our customers even better. As legal counsel you can make a difference by using your expertise to make sure not only our new products and services are compliant with applicable laws and regulations but also the bank as a whole. This way you are an important factor in optimizing our services to our customers and reducing risks for Rabobank.
Interested in finding out what we have to offer for you as Legal Counsel? Please apply via this vacancy, as we then can identify current of future opportunities within our Legal departments. Note that we are looking for candidates with at least some experience within Dutch law practices.
Next step is to have an informal, exploratory conversation with you to see if there is a potential match for future roles.
Making a difference
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative products. We want to keep improving in a responsible manner.
- Giving practical legal advice to your colleagues within the bank. They need your knowledge to be able to take new steps.
- Implementing laws and regulations in a practical way.
- Drafting agreements the customer understands
- Participating in challenging multidisciplinary and international projects, which gets you in touch with colleagues from Rabobank worldwide.
- Giving advice within a multidisciplinary team about the position of Rabobank in (inter)national transactions with our customers on all kind of legal aspects.
- Giving advice in multidisciplinary context about subjects that are important to Rabobank like governance, capital requirements, recovery & resolution, labour law and codetermination.
- Giving advice in a multidisciplinary team about strategical movements and restructuring of Rabobank Group, like mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Legal department brings talented people together to provide colleagues with reliable and practical legal advice. With you as a Legal Counsel, the department in The Netherlands will consist of around 180 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Marianne Valk, senior legal counsel: “By advising on complex transaction structures I help identifying the funding needs of our customers within and outside of The Netherlands. The dynamics within my team makes every day different.”
Nils van Gestel, junior lawyer: “Translating legal matters into customer focused solutions, without losing the interest of the bank. That is the challenge.”
Bart Bierens, senior lawyer: “The essence of banking is the combination of attracting money from the public and then lend it to borrowers. You should see banking products in this business economical context. Besides this, controlling the risks a bank runs is an important motive behind the governance of banks.”
Service orientation, organisation sensitivity and collaboration are clearly essential for the role of legal counsel. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Masters of Law;
- Interest in the financial sector;
- Good command of the English language (at least C1 level) and excellent writing skills in English. Dutch is a plus;
- Situated in the Netherlands already and preferably knowledgeable of the Dutch legal system.
Growing a better world together
You already know that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 9.5 million customers in 39 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways:
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030;
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we are helping to create a balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- An innovative fund was set up in Ireland to help dairy farmers become less dependent on income from milk sales.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- A base salary in scale 8, 9, 10 or 11, based on your experiences;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9%, 10% or 11% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or receiving a monthly cash payout;
- A personal budget of € 1,400.- that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- Flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is 5,5%.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Legal Counsel based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on https://rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment/
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Legal Counsel and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society?
Please apply with recent resume ánd to the point cover letter, where you state why you are interested in working at Rabobank and why your interest in this role excites you. Any applications without cover letter will not be reviewed.
Good to know:
- Sebastiaan Taling, Senior Corporate Recruiter, will be your main point of contact for any application process related questions via Sebastiaan.Taling@rabobank.nl;
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Legal. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at Legal.Compliance@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
We look forward to your application!