Lead Risk Manager
That you can lead the optimization of the Operational Risk and Control framework for Rabobank, and provide key stakeholders with a simple and clear framework and tools that enables better decision making. As a Lead Risk Manager, you can make a difference by.
Making a difference
- Acting as one of the senior subject matter experts and risk guardians within the bank.
- Optimizing and maintaining the integrated global framework and system for Operational Risk including risk identification, assessment, monitoring and response, incident management, finding and action management and capital management.
- Supporting and enabling management to execute a proper Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle, to be accountable for managing risk within the approved risk appetite levels of the bank and to make timely, well informed decisions.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Operational Risk Framework team brings talented people together to implement and maintain a global and uniform approach for Risk and Control Activities (RCAs) and related topics. With you as a Lead Risk Manager, the team will consist of 5-7 colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Dwaritha Madhavan, Global Head Operational Risk Control Framework: “The mission of our team is to add value to our stakeholders, by providing them with subject matter expertise on Operational Risk and the tools to make better risk-reward decisions. We have an impact on safeguarding the bank’s activities in order to realize the bank’s strategy and objectives, and safeguard its business continuity, financial stability and reputation.”
Customer focus, flexibility and persuasiveness are essential for the role of Lead Risk Manager. As a leader within Rabobank you take responsibility, facilitate and inspire the team and, you actively seek internal and external collaboration. The successful candidate is expected to have the following background and skills:
- A degree in Finance or related field of study and at least 10 years of relevant experience within the banking environment which includes at least 5 years of experience in Operational Risk Management or Internal Audit;
- In-depth knowledge of risk management or compliance, major front to back banking processes and regulations regarding operational risk management;
- Strong project management skills, stakeholder management and people management capabilities and qualities;
- Knowledge of IT and IT systems, especially in relation to governance, risk and control;
- Ability to inspire and motivate others by presentation and personal impact;
- Good communication skills in Dutch (preferred) and English (required)and ability to build and maintain an internal and external network.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a salary between €62k and €100k per year.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Lead Risk Manager and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 31-01-2020. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Dwaritha Madhavan, Global Head – Operational Risk Control Framework on +31 627184781 or Dwaritha.Madhavan@Rabobank.nl.
- Nariem Chotkan, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +316 1246 19 15 or Nariem.Chotkan@Rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated