IT Risk Manager
that you play a key role in making Rabobank continuously improve its performance of IT by challenging, monitoring and evaluating our IT risks on an ongoing basis. As a bank we have to be permanently aware of the trust that is placed in us by our clients, employees, suppliers and society as a whole. That is why we have to be diligent with regard to protecting our core systems, communication channels and data. Rabobank increasingly accelerates in working with start-ups and adopting new technologies like block chain, data-analytics and cloud. This transformation comes with challenging topics related to Continuity and IT Risk. These risks are now more important than ever and we are responsible to be on top of developments in this domain in order to fulfil our role as a trusted bank within society. Imagine that you, can provide strong, fact-based advice, to facilitate this transformation, based on your thorough, in-depth knowledge and sound experience with IT risk.
Making a difference
- Challenge, monitor and evaluate our risks in our IT-landscape on an ongoing basis.
- Pro-actively advise your colleagues in the IT organization and departments about Continuity and IT related risks.
- Analyze operational incidents and perform risk analyses related to IT and Continuity.
- Work with other departments to establish a powerful risk-aware culture.
- Develop IT-risk related policies, aiming for simple and strong guidance.
- Challenge your colleagues about security trends and developments.
- Report on IT risk themes for risk governing bodies, establishing an integrated risk view, together with other Compliance, Legal and Risk departments.
- Think out of the box aiming to leverage new technologies and ways of working.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Continuity & IT Risk team brings talented people together to challenge, monitor and evaluate our cyber security risks. With you as an IT Risk Manager, the team will consist of 16-20 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Hugo van Kooten, IT Risk Manager: “If you like IT Risk and want to contribute to a more secure Rabobank, I think this may be the right time to apply. Given our size, the way we are organized (also internationally) and the fact that our IT-landscape is more and more connected to e.g. cloud or mobile applications, I think our work is often challenging, but therefore also more exciting. This because together with colleagues I contribute to a Rabobank that’s more in control of its IT-risks.”
Max Merten, IT Risk Manager: “The Rabobank is continuously on the move. Within the department of Continuity & IT Risk we work with a very talented group on a quickly developing set of IT Risk domains, among which cyber security. As IT-risk manager you get to work on a very exciting but challenging and broad set of emerging topics. Personally, I really enjoy the work atmosphere within the department and the degree of freedom one gets to perform our activities.”
The Continuity & IT Risk department is responsible for managing risks (like IT-Risk, Outsourcing/Cloud, BCM and Security Risk) within Rabobank and specifically in the IT and operations departments. Collaboration is key, both with other departments, as with other colleagues from Compliance, Legal and Risk. Agile/scrum is our way of working, we continuously improve, learn and stimulate each other’s professional development. By combining our strengths across different departments, we bring the most added value for the bank. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the following requirements:
- an Academic grade in Information Technology or other relevant subject with additional courses related to IT risk management (CISSP, CISA or RE certification is preferred);
- more than 5 years of experience in different roles within Security, Risk Management, Audit or Information Technology in a complex organization, preferably in the financial sector;
- experience in specialized IT-risk related topics (including e.g. Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing, cloud, DevOps, emerging technologies, project management, data analytics);
- demonstrable experience with the practical application of IT Risk Frameworks;
- proficient in the Dutch and English language, both verbally as in writing;
- excellent team-player, easily co-operating with colleagues from different departments.
The following conditions will be additionally valued:
- experience in Project Management and/or Consultancy;
- knowledge of the Rabobank organization.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we're helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- In 2016, an innovative fund was set up in Ireland to help dairy farmers become less dependent on income from milk sales.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between EUR 4426 and 6322 (JG10) (classification depends on education, knowledge and experience;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you our new colleague joining our department as IT Risk Manager, making a difference for Rabobank to become closer to the be “the Bank of the Future”? We are looking forward to receiving your application to this role in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply now” button with your CV and cover letter. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Klaas Leendert Leijendekker (Head Continuity & IT Risk) via Klaas.Leendert.Leijendekker@rabobank.nl.
- Marle Verzaal, Corporate Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process may include screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Talentboard Risk. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at Finance.email@example.com.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!